Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 533 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by J4ZZ View Post
bash is default shell
I don't have that error when running the command from the terminal (from root user).
Maybe bash is the "problem"?

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Probably... When executing the command in busybox it works.
I also tried running exec su user instead of exec su - user in bash wich worked in terminal but not in boot script.

Is there a way to change the command so bash will read it properly?

N900 ~ $ make me a sandwich
-bash: no, make it yourself
N900 ~ $ sudo make me a sandwich
-bash: ok then...

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Ecuador
I have a small problem that was presented recently, yahoo widget is not updated, apparently is that the interfacein yahooweather has changed is possible to correct this problem?

Someone else has the same problem?

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by D@vIcHoJD View Post
I have a small problem that was presented recently, yahoo widget is not updated, apparently is that the interfacein yahooweather has changed is possible to correct this problem?

Someone else has the same problem?
I also don't get current weather displayed. But that might also be a faulty declaration of URL. Tried many possible URLs but neither does work. Calling URL in webbrowser works.

Posts: 533 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Italy
Yahoo changed the weather page, the script that should extract information from it must be fixed.

If you want to do it you can find the script in /opt/qtlockscreen/weatherwidget.sh

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Another question: is there any way to configure the calendar widget so it uses only defined calendars. Currently it shows entries from some of my calendars but not from my most important one. So I don't see actual entries on lockscreen but I see holiday entries from next week.

Same goes for alarmwidget: widget obviously only shows alarms from builtin clock. I'd better like seeing alarms from calendar as they are the important ones. Btw: currently shown is a disabled alarm dated aug, 29th. That was the last time it was active

Thanks for all your work!

has anyone fixed the script for yahoo weather??? please inform...thanks

I've created myself the following theme, I wanted it to be Landscape-only (hence two clocks, so I can read an hour no matter what orientation). This is not the config thread, and I have no problem with the theme itself. The problem is with the rotation.

I have the config here: https://gist.github.com/3111526

I've set Orientation="landscape", but I have a following problem (bug?) with it:
Steps to reproduce:
1) Rotate the phone so it's in portrait mode
2) Lock screen
3) Press the power button, so qtlockscreen shows up
4) Observe how qtlockscreen tries to scale wallpaper and rotate widgets for 5 seconds before it notices it shouldn't care.
5) Swear audibly.

Long story short, even though it's supposed to be landscape-only, qtlockscreen tries to turn itself into portrait, which takes a lot of time, looks ugly and makes me frown.

Any idea how to fix that, or work around that?

EDIT: Bonus points: When the lockscreen finally shows up correctly and you unlock it, it then rotates everything again and the layout breaks once again for a while before hildon shows up.

Last edited by tadzik; 2012-07-14 at 14:15.

The Following User Says Thank You to tadzik For This Useful Post:
anyone knows how can i default lockscreen vertical.

i dont want install any application.

but i want my lockscreen vertical.

this is my lockscreen.but it is cant vertical.
Attached Images

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
I found an Android phone on the street the other day (almost ran over it with the car). The phone was locked, but it had an option to display emergency contacts. I was hoping to see a number that I could call to return the phone to its owner. Unfortunately, the person had not bothered to enter any of its contacts into that option.

Any way, that got me thinking about what if my phone was lost. There is nothing that I can see that could allow a good Samaritan to return it to me if he wanted to. A "Return Lost Device" widget that displays some owner Info would be nice. Either that, or an "Emergency Contacts" widget similar to Android's would great too.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Last edited by rm42; 2012-08-15 at 15:21.