Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Negativity aside, I updated the top post to reflect some more info and state that winners wont be hand-picked by any of the community staff, as I will make sure this will going to be a "governed by" community staff competition I will also do my best to keep greedy people's fingers out of the cookie jar as this sounded to be one of the concerns. No members of HiFo or MCe.V. will just have a device, they will need to take part in the competition to win prizes like everyone else.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Originally Posted by klinglerware View Post
I would love to see a category for "revival of dead or orphaned projects".

There are plenty of once useful applications out there that no longer work or have limited functionality--a lot of times, the original developer is no longer active to adapt the application to API changes, etc.
And to add, if we want something a little more Neo900 specific, perhaps a category for "fremantle project that makes best use of Neo900 proposed capabilities". That could encompass a wide variety of projects: finding alternatives to closed-source bits of the n900, applications that should run fine on a Neo900 but would require overclocking on an n900, and so forth...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to klinglerware For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
How is this thing going?
Or not going at all? I would love to see this happen!

The Following User Says Thank You to eekkelund For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by eekkelund View Post
How is this thing going?
Or not going at all? I would love to see this happen!
Hello !
I post an answer on github !
The wifi does not work for now ... The Jolla device filter all multicast packets... I'm trying to get a workaround ...
Thanks !