Posts: 85 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Utah, America
Originally Posted by mdziaf View Post
Just a quick update on the battery..

I received it a few days ago, but after a few charges, I found that the battery I received is not working properly.. My phone would suddenly die for no reason. Changing back to the original battery fixed this issue..I gave Mugen a call about the problem and immediately they said that the would send me a replacement.

At the moment I'm waiting for the replacement to come..I'll update you again once I've gotten the replacement.

I am quite disappointed that the battery I got had issues with it, but at least their customer service was very helpful.
Well Mugen is a Chinese product so this shouldnt be a surprise.

Originally Posted by maniacattack View Post
Well Mugen is a Chinese product so this shouldnt be a surprise.
that is true, but aren't most of the electrical products out there made from there :P

anyways, the customer service Mugen have is excellent. Much better than some customer services available in Australia.. No wasting time, just bang on straight problem and solution.

Not true--Mugen is a Japanese company. See:
http://www.mugen-power.com/english/profile/index.html

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Utah, America
Originally Posted by ch88xy View Post
Not true--Mugen is a Japanese company. See:
http://www.mugen-power.com/english/profile/index.html
Actually it is look http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com/about-us/

to qoute: "Mugen Power batteries are premuim product and designed for experienced users, who understand importance of quality for long battery life and safety of everyday use.

You can find us at:
eTrade Asia Ltd
4210 Office Tower, Convention Plaza
1, Harbour Road, Wanchai
HONG KONG"

Sorry, I take it back. Looks like it is from Hong Kong:
http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com/about-us

I was misled by the name. Mugen means infinity in Japanese.

lol just to spice things up..isn't Hong Kong part of China?

I think that a company going for a global market should minimize the number of defects coming out from its production line. I've read a review somewhere where the reviewer also received a defective battery. Maybe its a one in a 1000 thing..i don't know..anyone else got a defective battery with Mugen?

if its a common occurance, maybe buying it is not a good option for the OP. Waiting for the battery will take about two weeks, from purchase date. if battery is problematic, then its another two weeks of wait. just my two cents

My Chinese made Mugen battery was superb before it was stolen with my Korean made N900.

Originally Posted by zimon View Post
My Chinese made Mugen battery was superb before it was stolen with my Korean made N900.
sorry to hear that

anyhow, With the host mode via h.e.n, I can definitely use some power for usb drive. My current solution is a pack that takes 4AAs, but I am thinking to move up with higher power types.

cheers,

The batteries have a total of 6 terminals, 2 for +, 2 for -, 2 for bsi. The phone has 3 terminals, one for each of + - bsi. The two on the battery are supposed to be spring loaded and grip the one on the phone. But, some of the mugen's have had them a bit too far apart, so that only one has made contact. A sudden bump might make the battery lean the other way, so that it shifts from resting on the one terminal to resting on the other, interrupting power briefly.

If you're daring, you can take a needle or something and bend the terminals on the battery inwards making them grip the blade terminal on the phone tighter. But don't do it unless you know what you're doing....

There have also been nokia batteries with the same issue, btw

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by mdziaf View Post
that is true, but aren't most of the electrical products out there made from there :P

anyways, the customer service Mugen have is excellent. Much better than some customer services available in Australia.. No wasting time, just bang on straight problem and solution.
I haven't had a problem like that with Mugen batteries OR with the cheapest batteries I have bought straight from Hong Kong, and I've been buying them for Nokia tablets for several years.