If I will flash my N900 will all contacts be deleted and I have to create them again? Currently I can only see the loading animation and a Twitter shortcut on a black background when I start my N900 and I didn't make a backup yet...

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Georgia
Hello All....I got the information below from Wiki....what is it saying in plain English....Please....Thanks?????

Flashing only the kernel from a FIASCO image
If you only want to flash a kernel from a FIASCO image without overwriting your rootfs (e.g. because you tried out a different kernel and that didn't work) you can use the following flasher command instead of the one above:

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
I am wanting to flash my N900 with the eMMC image

The first problem i have is that i have a 64bit windows 7 machine.

I am very new to linux and have little knowledge of commands but about a month ago i

installed debian 5 on my older machine so i decided to try using the linux pc to flash my phone.

This is what i have done so far:

I have downloaded the latest flasher: maemo_flasher-3.5_2.5.2.2_i386.deb & installed it.

I also downloaded the latest images: RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin & RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin

I have followed wiki on which order and all goes fine until i try to run the vanilla.

As i do not know my way around debian yet i am struggling to find the flasher directory to put the vanilla file into.

this may be a simple question to linux users but i am now stuck.

(i can reflash the phone back without vanilla but i am wanting to delete all data)

Is there a simple command to copy the vanilla file to the flasher directory?

and how do i find the flasher directory on debian5?

Flashing trouble PLz Help

I'm was trying to flash my N900 emmc image as instructed in the wiki. i did as instructed as with the commands and as soon as connect my USB and the flasher finds it , starts to 20% then suddenly goes off.

The yellow IED light that shows when charging stays on and remains that way till i take off the battery. i dont know what could be the cause and obviously the phone is unbootable right now. Shows me missing IMage.

Plz any ideas while i try to trouble shoot it myself from the wiki? I'm in a big mess right now.

this isnt my first time flashing..

i have had the usb repaired when it got broken. it works well.

im using a windows 7 x86bit computer.

im am even downloading a new vanilla image just to b sure. the one i downloaded shows 249mb when completed. while when downloading its show 250.. (just trying to cover all loose ends)..

Last edited by zzzchainzzz; 2012-03-25 at 12:46.

S.O.P Save My Phone Problem above...

Originally Posted by zzzchainzzz View Post
Flashing trouble PLz Help

I'm was trying to flash my N900 emmc image as instructed in the wiki. i did as instructed as with the commands and as soon as connect my USB and the flasher finds it , starts to 20% then suddenly goes off.

The yellow IED light that shows when charging stays on and remains that way till i take off the battery. i dont know what could be the cause and obviously the phone is unbootable right now. Shows me missing IMage.

Plz any ideas while i try to trouble shoot it myself from the wiki? I'm in a big mess right now.

this isnt my first time flashing..

i have had the usb repaired when it got broken. it works well.

im using a windows 7 x86bit computer.

im am even downloading a new vanilla image just to b sure. the one i downloaded shows 249mb when completed. while when downloading its show 250.. (just trying to cover all loose ends)..
Someone plz help me out here..