Originally Posted by nokiac View Post
Wow, Thanks for the cool App. I enabled Media sharing on N9 and I was able to show pictures and music from N9 on my Sony Bravia TV. I also have a PS3Media server UPNP server setup on my laptop running Fedora 16, and it is not listed in the servers list by Helium. Is anything special needed to make N9 detect the PS3mediaserver running on my laptop?
Hm. I suppose the TV can usually see the PS3MediaServer? Otherwise on Fedora 16 the firewall is usually to blame for such issues. I filed an issue and will have a look though.

Edit: Apart from detecting the N9 as a N900, PS3MediaServer on Ubuntu Precise seems to work fine with Helium

Last edited by phako; 2012-04-09 at 16:57.

Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
Yep, the only dlna server I have right now is N9, so I activated it and used Helium to browse and play n9's content to TV.
Hmmmm, that definitely should have thumbnails for everything ...

Originally Posted by zappAtom View Post
- So far it is only posible to add 1 file to a player, or? Can I add more files to the play queue and skip through them?
That's correct. Play Queue/List is the next big feature.

- I had no chance to test this yet with my TV (and also don't have PR 1.2 yet)...but imagine I would like to show images from my N9 on a TV: Do I need to add images manually or is it possible to show a collection of images and skip easily trough the list of queued pictures?
Manually. But see above.

- I don't have background connections on: So after a while Helium/N9 lost connection to the DLNA devices. A server/player refresh triggered no wireless reconnection.
The "Show connection dialog only on startup" is intentional. I'm pretty annoyed by all the apps that spam you with those reconnect dialogs. But re-showing it

- An idea for a setting option. To autoswitch on DLNA Server on a N9 with PR 1.2.
That's an interesting idea.

- Is your TweakUp already integrated into Helium or only available as individual app or only on PR 1.2?
No, those two have nothing to do with each other.

- Do you plan to add UPnP/DLNA streaming to the list of sharing options?
I don't understand that question

Originally Posted by phako View Post
Hm. I suppose the TV can usually see the PS3MediaServer? Otherwise on Fedora 16 the firewall is usually to blame for such issues. I filed an issue and will have a look though.

Edit: Apart from detecting the N9 as a N900, PS3MediaServer on Ubuntu Precise seems to work fine with Helium

Yes, the TV can see PS3Mediaserver and I use it all the time to play videos from my laptop on TV, by browsing the PC shares using the TV remote controller.

The TV was able to see Ps3Mediaserver only after I opened up some relevant ports in the fedora firewall . I will try with the firewall turned off to see if it helps, as I remember that Ubuntu has the firewall off by default.

That's correct. Play Queue/List is the next big feature.
Manually. But see above.
Ok, nice that this will come! Please consider replacing the long press action with a proper context/queue dialog then. Also adding album/photo collections at once would make life a lot easier ;-) I'm looking forward!

The "Show connection dialog only on startup" is intentional. I'm pretty annoyed by all the apps that spam you with those reconnect dialogs. But re-showing it
True. I also hate these reconnect dialogs. In general this is one of the most problematic issues with the N9 that they only leave you the choice between always on and do everything manually...very idiotic. So if Helium could simply reconnect to the (auto-dial) network it has been conneced to 5 min before (like the browser) I would be happy - maybe it already does and it just didn't work when i tried....

I don't understand that question
Sorry, that was a bit unclear. I meant the system-wide sharing dialog, If you press a photo or a file in your (installed file browser) you can often share those files by the methods N9 support. Bluetooth, Email, etc.
Wouldn't it make sense to add UPnP there?

Yes, the TV can see PS3Mediaserver and I use it all the time to play videos from my laptop on TV, by browsing the PC shares using the TV remote controller.

The TV was able to see Ps3Mediaserver only after I opened up some relevant ports in the fedora firewall . I will try with the firewall turned off to see if it helps, as I remember that Ubuntu has the firewall off by default.
I tried with the firewall turned off in Fedora 16, PS3Mediaserver still did not show up in Helium.

I tried with the firewall turned off in Fedora 16, PS3Mediaserver still did not show up in Helium.
Are you sure you hit apply? That's what bites me three out of four times on Fedora.

True. I also hate these reconnect dialogs. In general this is one of the most problematic issues with the N9 that they only leave you the choice between always on and do everything manually...very idiotic. So if Helium could simply reconnect to the (auto-dial) network it has been conneced to 5 min before (like the browser) I would be happy - maybe it already does and it just didn't work when i tried....
No, it doesn't. It should probably try to get a connection when the user clicks refresh.

Sorry, that was a bit unclear. I meant the system-wide sharing dialog, If you press a photo or a file in your (installed file browser) you can often share those files by the methods N9 support. Bluetooth, Email, etc.
Wouldn't it make sense to add UPnP there?
https://gitorious.org/helium/korva/commits/harmattan. Push working, Upload is next.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to phako For This Useful Post:
Are you sure you hit apply? That's what bites me three out of four times on Fedora.
I turned it off using the terminal, "systemctl stop iptables.service" , and also checked by doing "iptables -L" if it was really disabled. So that part was ok. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Works great!

I tried pushing stuff from the N9 internal server and a windows media player instance to another wmp instance and my RX-V771 receiver. Worked without problems.

I like how it shows what media is incompatible with selected renderer because my media libraries are sometimes a mess. I hope you plan to check which renderer can play/show the selected media in the "share over UPnP"-feature? (I hope I understood that correctly)

Keep up the great work! Thanks!