Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Etchelon View Post
The question is: will this latest implementation eat battery like fennec v13 alpha (from romaxa) does? Like 1% every 2 minutes or even faster
I use a release build (currently v10) from romaxa and it doesn't do this. Firefox Sync (if you use it) at startup does guzzle a bit of CPU, but once that's done, it's happy.

I'd like to know if Nokia are doing their own platform UI, given that Mozilla are soon to drop support for the current cross-platform (slow) XUL UI in favour of just Android.

Also, I assume a corresponding AIR runtime will be nowhere to be found, which would be a shame given it might enable another avenue to get some pre-existing apps onto the platform.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Darmstadt, Germany
Originally Posted by vitaminj View Post
I use a release build (currently v10) from romaxa and it doesn't do this. Firefox Sync (if you use it) at startup does guzzle a bit of CPU, but once that's done, it's happy.

I'd like to know if Nokia are doing their own platform UI, given that Mozilla are soon to drop support for the current cross-platform (slow) XUL UI in favour of just Android.

Also, I assume a corresponding AIR runtime will be nowhere to be found, which would be a shame given it might enable another avenue to get some pre-existing apps onto the platform.
jalyst has attached his conversation with romaxa. Seems like he's trying to build the browser with the harmattan ui and based on the Mozilla engine.

http://forum.meego.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=156

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to simonizer For This Useful Post:
excellent news Jolo, thank you.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
HoHo, This will be funny. Flash impementation for n9

However, flash for n9 is nothing like flash for ... just saying.

Anyhow. Great work guys. Truly amazing!

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Tedri Mark View Post
FP10 or FP11 with gpu support?
Pretty sure my earlier chats with him indicated they were gunning for Flash 11x.
Here is one example....
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...38#post1122938
I hope there hasn't been a miscommunication, would be disappointing if it was 10.1.
I've tweeted him & asked if he can clarify, & answer some other questions here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Palo Alto, CA
Originally Posted by Dockman View Post
Jolo, ballpark, how close are we?
just fiddling around with optification to get through the Nokia Store submission process.

Originally Posted by Dockman View Post
I hope there hasn't been a miscommunication, would be disappointing if it was 10.1.
It is 10.1. We ran out of runway, so we got out what we could get out. No sense in delaying thing even further.

Last edited by jolo; 2012-02-22 at 21:51.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to jolo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jolo View Post
Some good news for a change. We have finally sorted out the issues with Firefox for the N9 and have Adobe Flash certified. This means we should be able to get these to the Store quite soon. Sorry for the silence on this topic, but it has been a roller-coaster ride for these apps.
Infinite thanks to you , I really missed the N900 web experience .

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Mexico
i wish it were soon!!!

wow, fantastic news .. simply can't wait for this .. thank you thank you thank you ..

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Hallelujah!

Thank-you jolo for updating us here as soon as you could, as I asked via twitter.
Sorry for incessantly bugging you & whining, I'm sure the entire process hasn't been easy.
Jalyst I would like to thank you for the whining, bugging and keeping the community updated with this also a big thanks to jojo . :-)

Last edited by law138; 2012-02-22 at 22:52.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to law138 For This Useful Post:

Tags
desperation, flash dance