Posts: 946 | Thanked: 1,650 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
I have uploaded another script to revert moving stuff to /home (see http://wiki.maemo.org/User:Tanner#Sa...pace_on_rootfs)
I couldn't test it yet but if you're going to reflash anyway, please give it a try and let me know whether it worked.

Last edited by titan; 2010-03-26 at 09:04.

iam thinking of running this script later today

i notice this one doesnt move the themes which i think will be safe

anything i should watch out for??

ill take a backup before i run the script just incase i need to reflash the device

will this script affect future backups i do on the device??

has anyone ran into any probs running this version of the script

thanks in advance

edit sorry script is one from page three at the bottom of the page

Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
USE SCRIPT ATTACHED
(does not move themes)

make sure you put it in root directory if using USB > mass storage
NOT documents folder

/home/user/MyDocs

unplug phone

then in xterminal:

root
cd /home/user/MyDocs/
sh moveroot.sh

Last edited by buxz777; 2010-03-26 at 09:03.

anyone help on my last question

thanks again :-)

How About All the Youtube apps ( like Zoutube ) do they still run ? , they dont run on My N900 anymore ..

After the moveroot.sh I mean

Last edited by oeble; 2010-04-04 at 16:29.

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Lebanon
i get operation failed while trying to download anything from app manager after using moveroot.sh

just ran the script and went from 49mb to 89mb rootfs space :-)

installing apps is fine and everything seems great thanks to the creators of this much appreciated

running pr 1.2 phone is now bricked. **** **** godddamn

Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
Thanks a lot stevet68 for the instructions you gave and also thanks to Titan for the wonderful script.

Tried it after a full PR 1.3 reflash of firmware & emmc and it has saved me a lot of space on rootfs

Fresh after the reflash without any apps installed and just the default apps I had around 98.3MB free on rootfs but after using the script I now have 114.7MB free on rootfs without any apps installed.

This is freaking amazing. I will monitor the effect of this script on my daily usage and after I install more apps to see how it affects the phone in general.

Thanks again..

Pic below if you don't believe me.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to funkmunk For This Useful Post:
The script is easy and lazy solution, but he it works. There exist more universal script: "pkgscan.sh" - it allows you to optify any installed packages whenever custom or nokia ones (be careful while optifing nokia stuff as the script uses no blacklist so wrong decision about some nokia ones may brick your device) - of course you choose which ones to process - and optifies packages file by file which seems more safe than optifing whole directory at once, as directory symlinks makes problem when using ".." as since moving and symlinking another directory becomes "one level up". The script also supports partially working "undo" ability, which you may want to use if you update the packages (since not doing it may leave unneccesary files in /opt/relocated but its not a big problem because it's out of rootfs), or if you know you did a mistake (do it better before you reboot as booting even a partially bricked device without reflash is really hard however possible eg. if you have multiboot install and booting something not maemo works) so doing a mistake is not yet bricking the device.