Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by pagesix1536 View Post
so.... isnt Android just a VM environment running on top of linux kernel? In theory wouldn't it be possible to boot Maemo, and then launch the Android engine on top of that if all were properly compiled/coded/configured? Interesting idea to have Android just be an "app" that can be launced on Maemo.
Wow.. deja vu! I remember seeing something almost PRECISELY like this comment being made maybe a year ago or more.

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Why settle for Android when you can have Mer?
Honestly, If you dont think Nokia is going to continue to support the N900 what makes you think that Google would continue to support an Android Hack that a extremely small number of people would even be using???

Originally Posted by starman View Post
What is all the huba-ba-loo about??

We all know how Nokia operates so all all know what to expect.

Every Phone they release has a new or modified OS.. Its like Nokia's mantra, so NO I do not think the N900 will support Maemo6, but I never have and never will, if you wanted a phone with a future proof OS you should of gone Android or iPhone in the first place,

Google's First Flag ship Android device the G1 DOES get firmware update but does NOT run on the latest verison of Android yet nor will it ever.

My G1 had a Android Verison 1.6 when I sold it last month . . . not Android 2.0 (like the droid) or Android 2.10 (like the Nexus)

If you buy a first generation device you will get the first generation OS

That is like complaining that your old WinXP laptop isn't getting Windows 7 for FREE!?!?!?!!!

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany , Thüringen
Nice to say that your windows XP Laptop will have best chances that WIndows 7 will work on it

best regards Crown