Notices

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by dantonic View Post
Sorry if this has been previously addressed. When I first start dialcentral on my N800, It seems to login fine, I can retrieve history and messages, but if I try to send an SMS, I get a login error at the bottom of the screen.
The only way to make it work is to close and reopen the application. simply re-logging in does not work.

So basically everytime I open dialcentral I have to close and reopen it or I cannot send SMSes.

Anyone else seeing that?
I've heard reports of this behavior but not this bad. I've seen it only once and had hoped I made a chance to fix it but I guess I didn't.

What version of Dialcentral are you using?

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Enhancement request DONE!

I figured I'd post here first to get feedback on the idea

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

The Following User Says Thank You to Snoshrk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Originally Posted by epage View Post
The problem is that it is set to word wrap. I played with it in different ways to characterize when it will bring up scrollbars and when it won't. Please file me a bug on this and I possibly will end up filing a bug on GTK over this issue.

Note if I remove the scrollbars it will just extend the text to off the screen.
Okay. I didn't realize that this wasn't your fault.

I just figured it was due to your sloppy and crazy programming from hell. *lol*

I don't mind filing a bug for this but it seems like you're more familiar with why this is occurring than me. Like I'm not even sure how to term this broken text wrap feature correctly without sounding like an idiot.

Anyway, let me know what to do. It's definitely a struggle sometimes when typing long text sentences and it seems like others have ran into similar troubles as well.

Originally Posted by Snoshrk View Post
Enhancement request DONE!

I figured I'd post here first to get feedback on the idea
Feel free to post first for discussion. More people will see it here than on b.m.o. Yours just sounded rounded out enough that I didn't expect much more need for discussion

Originally Posted by Addison View Post

I don't mind filing a bug for this but it seems like you're more familiar with why this is occurring than me. Like I'm not even sure how to term this broken text wrap feature correctly without sounding like an idiot.

Anyway, let me know what to do. It's definitely a struggle sometimes when typing long text sentences and it seems like others have ran into similar troubles as well.
I like original reporters to file it, one for the credit and two so you can more easily stay in the loop to make sure its fixed to what was expected. You might sound like an idiot but once people try and reproduce it they will realize what you mean EDIT: and realize you aren't

Like with your last enhancement request, I'll just go in and fill in the wholes for anything I see.

Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
When I type an SMS on my N810 using the hw keyboard in fullscreen mode the fullscreen toggle button cdoesnt work anymore
I played with it to get an idea of what you mean. Unfortunetly its a dialog rather than a normal window, so fullscreen/unfullscreen doesn't really apply as well (I think). The best thing would be to encourage me to implement an enhancement I filed.

I think I answered all your other points as "expected behavior" also except callback number being forgotten. It turns out its a random bug. I made sure to file it. I get it reproducing no where near as often as you do. Are you shutting down while Dialcentral is still open?

Originally Posted by dantonic View Post
Sorry if this has been previously addressed. When I first start dialcentral on my N800, It seems to login fine, I can retrieve history and messages, but if I try to send an SMS, I get a login error at the bottom of the screen.
The only way to make it work is to close and reopen the application. simply re-logging in does not work.

So basically everytime I open dialcentral I have to close and reopen it or I cannot send SMSes.

Anyone else seeing that?
I see the same thing off and on. I have the latest version.

Originally Posted by Addison View Post

If this pertains to the issue that the text scrolls to the right when you type and you can't see what you're typing then yes, that is a rather bad issue and I'd second that.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Welcome back to the forums, slartibart.

It was really nice almost missing you. *lol*

Originally Posted by slartibart View Post
I see the same thing off and on. I have the latest version.
Mind filing a bug report?