I was wondering what other operating system's are the best for the n810? What are the other one's that work? Also, what is the current operating system for n810? Another thing, does the app store work for Android?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Use the operating system that comes with the N810 for now, though of course update your tablet right after you get it. There are alternatives, but they are either a bit complex or not ready yet. Have your tablet for at least a month before sending it thru warpspace or anything...

I have had it for awhile and I want a new os to entertain me... Any new's on when of if the app store is going to work on Android?

Anything fun I can do on the n810 to spice it up a little?

Where is the extra's repository?

Palm OS works great on the N810. Never really have an issue with it.
You install a program Garnet VM and you simply run it in Maemo and it creates a shell where you can run Palm OS apps/games.

Other fun stuff you can do is to install Scumm (spelling?) and VGBA and run Gameboy Advance games, etc on it. Also SNES games with the right emulator.

Last edited by slartibart; 2009-10-23 at 06:29.

I've tried them all and I have to say KDE358 is the best OS replacement for Maemo. Penguinbait has done an excellent job exporting a very usage KDE environment to work with the N810, limited keys, screen, and hardware. Come with many useful programs like KOffice, key mappings, sound, and printing support.

Installation is very easy with just a few clicks after cloning Maemo to the internal memory and a fast SD card. I recommend class 6 or better.

Go to penguinbait.com . Be sure to download the cloning and backup tools first though.

The Following User Says Thank You to neatgear For This Useful Post: