Notices

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ukraine
Rotation in browser conficts with this script and lead device into reboot =(

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 227 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Turkey
Originally Posted by KevinSass View Post
Hi..
I've got the program CuteExplorer so i can watch any folder.. I can se the file rotate.py is in the root-folder, but i keep getting this text after your guide..:

python: can't open file 'ratate.py': [Errno 2] No such file pr directory...

Thats Weird
You made my day

It simply says "there's no file named ratate.py" which is not weird, because its rotate, not ratate.

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Is sure hope that portrait mode won't be coming to every aspect of Maemo!

Nokia's said portraid mode is coming and becoming better, but only in the browser. Atleast all official statements regard portrait mode in the browser.

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Dallas TX
Question. I modified the script a slight bit so i dont get the the 90° and 270° screens, they look awful and dont really work, so until it passes 90° it will just flip the other way around so i can use landscape mode even if im holding my phone upside down.

Is there anyway i can launch this at startup?

also im running the file from /home/user/Mydocs and it runs fine, why do i need to put it in root? although when i close the terminal the script stops and rotation is deactivated.

I'm very very very noob at this so any help would be appreciated

thx

Posts: 726 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Dr.Marcial View Post
Question...

Is there anyway i can launch this at startup?

also im running the file from /home/user/Mydocs and it runs fine, why do i need to put it in root? although when i close the terminal the script stops and rotation is deactivated.

I'm very very very noob at this so any help would be appreciated

thx
Where you place the script is not that important. All you need to know is where you place it. If it's an application, you should place it in /usr/bin to be able to start it from where-ever.

There is a certain order of things during startup, so you can hook in the starting of this script into this. I'm not too sure about what scripts are run, but a quick search here on the forum will give you that information.

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Joseon
i cannot install it. 1st of all i'm noob in the xterm. commands. i type cd/ in xterm but appears "cd/ : not found".... ans i don't know why.

and a question: root means that is the mass memory, and i must copy .py file directly without a folder? As a list (in file manager), i have : Audio clips, backup,cities, Documents....macos....rotate.py. is the correct locaton? than why when i type "python rotate.py" tells me that is not found? any suggestions? should i instal python from app. manager or maemo have it? (about: version 20.2010.36-2 )

Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
Originally Posted by SMAr2wo View Post
i cannot install it. 1st of all i'm noob in the xterm. commands. i type cd/ in xterm but appears "cd/ : not found".... ans i don't know why.

and a question: root means that is the mass memory, and i must copy .py file directly without a folder? As a list (in file manager), i have : Audio clips, backup,cities, Documents....macos....rotate.py. is the correct locaton? than why when i type "python rotate.py" tells me that is not found? any suggestions? should i instal python from app. manager or maemo have it? (about: version 20.2010.36-2 )

Dude why u bumping such an old thread..If ur looking for portrait mode on ur N900 then just install the CSSU and Hildon-desktop portrait mode from this forum..this Rotatescreen has a lot of bugs & phone reboots often.

The Following User Says Thank You to funkmunk For This Useful Post:
agree. I would never install it again; on the phone 30seconds=reboot.