Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
WARNING THIS IS IN AN ALPHA UNSTABLE STAGE.

Idea taken from:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...48#post1157248

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUnWe_1zuY4

Download
http://minus.com/m6fN3Suy3#1g

Installation:

1. - Go into Settings > Applications > Installations and enable the option shown.
3. - Remove any older versions using remove script before installing!
3. - Enable "Developer Mode" (In Settings > Security) and install the prompted dependencies.
4. - Download Installer zip file and extract to PC. (Links to Download at very top of post)
5. - Connect N9 to PC using USB Mass Storage and copy the "boot-mod" folder to root directory.
6. - Open the "Terminal" app and type:
Code:
devel-su
rootme [root password; default is shown]
sh /home/user/MyDocs/boot-mod/install.sh
7. - MOD will be installed and device will automatically reboot to apply.

To revert to default theme:

1. - Open Terminal and type:
Code:
devel-su
rootme [root password; default is shown]
sh /home/user/MyDocs/boot-mod/default.sh
2. - Device will revert to default and reboot.

Last edited by F2thaK; 2012-01-29 at 23:38.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
great thank you

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ hungaryan
yes,you can do what do you want!you must change the image below:usr/share/Mprogressindicator/themes/costum/"your image"-logo.png

What about video options and file size?

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ London, UK
I would love to replace the "Nokia sound" that plays when you boot the phone, in your video it seems like you've done this? I can only hear a tiny "blip" (like the new message alert) where the "Nokia sound" normally plays... Not that I don't want it to sound like a Nokia though - I just want to replace it with a softer version of the "Grand Valse", maybe this one. Does the OP or anyone else perhaps know which file this is and if it is replaceable?

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
The sound is in the original video, so you'd need to make a video with the desired sound.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
i had to remove "/usr/share/MProgressIndicator/themes/opengl/".

i copied the two theme images, the booting image, and the theme-selector config to their respective places, and rebooted.

after the NOKIA screen where the LED blinks 6 times, i saw your "MeeGo loading..." booting.png, instead of the normal booting.png {which is the NOKIA logo again}.

then i saw nokia-logo.jpg and/or nokia-logo-end.jpg {which appear identical to me}.

THEN i saw the ear-aching, ugly startup video at themes/opengl/MainAnimation_LowNoise.mp4

i removed the entire opengl dir, and voila. custom theme played as expected, no annoying video.

my central goal was to never hear that again, but the boot images also made my startup experience much nicer.

thanks!!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
uploaded the individual files for quick reference.
these are pulled straight from F2thaK's zip file in OP and renamed. {full paths, slashes replaced with boings, .txt added to text files}
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: txt %usr%share%MProgressIndicator%themes%mprogressindicator.conf.txt (7 Bytes, 157 views)

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ London, UK
I have put together a replacement for the bootup video, with a new version of the Nokia Tune and a MeeGo logo - check it out here.

I guessed you have threefold kicking pick in xp kicking blind and your ubuntu is in the dev sda2.
First employment usb central img installer for dev sda3 installing over ext3 divider, Start USB installer : it will end most at the end (cheque consolle ctrl + alt + f1) precisely when it assays to write kicking picks. So force powerfulness away and remove usb key.
Kicking in ubuntu and add entree in ubuntu's grub. cfg or) computer menu listing to head your nub. or try this :.
# sudo update-grub.
It will discover a "unknow" novel inwardness in your. CCTV