Posts: 25 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by fergusso View Post
It's been almost a year since I sold my N900, the complaints with the n9 or Nokia in general didn't change. Please people ,,, don't waste your money with Nokia. I become stress free when I finally sold my last Nokia phone .... the N900. N9 will just abuse you with so much wandering with so many "why can't it do this?" "why can't it do that?" "why Nokia?" "why why why why?". It is very obvious they don't get feedback from people first before they create devices, they have "their" own goals, you are not part of Nokia's goals, they don't even know this forum exists. so Stop stop stop from buying N9. I'm just trying to save your time, your life.

there are better alternatives there .... go to Android platform .... it will satisfy all your needs if all you want are proven working apps without you messing around with the phone.

If you are a time waster buy this Nokia N9 phone!
Your rant is basically what I say when you replace the words Nokia + N9 with Android.

I have two Android devices in my house hold and both are terrible. The HTC handset which is not any more useful then a dumbphone. Dog slow, horrible to type on, battery life is terrible and so on. Then there is a tablet... well Android on a tablet is like
running DOS for your desktop... it just does not work.. typing on it makes you want to cut your finger off. Having the think back on wifi when you resume is often slower then walking to my workstation and turning that on.

Then we have the Android market... how can you even find software in there ? you have to install 200 apps to find one which works and still does less then 5% of what you want it too.

Android just does not work... and the only reason way I have not replaced my tablet with an IPad is that it's too expensive and too limited.

Apple might have a closed eco system, has less love for freedom then Al-Qaeda, compatibility of 0% with anything else then mac-os and lots of other faults in it own right... But it least you can type on it... browse on it... when you resume it, it is ready to go... When you accept the Apple model is DOES work.

So why would you recommend Android to anybody that it not your most feared enemy ?

Yes my comments are a little biased because everybody seams to love Android so much while I find working with it so damned horrifying.

I own an N9 and it's the best.... BY FAR... the best mobile phone I have ever owned... Including several Android models...

It might not be perfect and the little things that aren't would be so easily rectified by software updates..

It really is like the modern day iPhone when-it-first-came-out. A phone that could change and reshape the mobile world.

The one new OS that can stand against IOS (and Android).

It could go where WebOS and others have failed.

And I will be proud to call it my phone for the next couple of years !

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trbs For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
True, and if it is properly supported it would blow WP7 away.
Users sunc and SamGan are both correct, IMO!