I'm a relative newbie to the n810, having had it for 3 months now.
I've definitely gotten accustomed to having it around now, though.

I have been trying to download skype and keep getting error messages about the version. I tried from maemo.org and skype.com.
Anyone have any suggestions?

Satya

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Check wether you have the latest firware.... which should be 51-3 if you have a n810

Go to control panel> about>

Last edited by sachin007; 2008-06-23 at 20:14.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Try from the Application manager.

no matter which version you get though, don't expect video to work with it. For that you need Gizmo.

Do you tether your tablet to a blackberry? Vote for Nokia to fix the DUN bug so your mobile connectivity experience improves.

I have tried through the app manager as well, with no luck. So the video doesn't work? What the point of the camera then?

I would at least like to have the voice though - I am about to take off on an adventrue through southeast asia which was my primary reason for purchasing the n810.

Posts: 425 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ California
I just downloaded it and set it up today... no problems whatsoever

Warning: dates on calendar are closer than they appear.

Originally Posted by josiahg777 View Post
I just downloaded it and set it up today... no problems whatsoever
No problems with the app that is without video support? Or are you saying you can do video chat on your n8x0 with skype?

Do you tether your tablet to a blackberry? Vote for Nokia to fix the DUN bug so your mobile connectivity experience improves.

Originally Posted by eyeguy View Post
I have tried through the app manager as well, with no luck. So the video doesn't work? What the point of the camera then? .
The camera does work with video chatting through Gizmo and that's free. You can also take some snazzy pictures of yoursefl.

If camera support for Flash ever kicks in, there will be some free flash apps with video chatting I am sure.

Posts: 425 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ California
Hahah I was replying to the OP's question about the skype repository issue :P

What I meant was skype downloaded and setup and ran fine for what it was. I knew it couldn't do video chat, for that I'm perfectly fine with using Gizmo (to tell the truth I actually prefer the Gizmo client)

Warning: dates on calendar are closer than they appear.