Active Topics

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Balzan Malta
I am stuck again. I can not get solder to fix with the board. I am going crazy. What should I do??

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
and I'm out. sorry, but this is useless

R.I.P. RX-51, you served a noble purpose to teach a soldering noob about soldering being not that easy. Maybe even taught 2 helpful "Engineers" about helping isn't like doing it yourself. Nevertheless we'll miss you
/j

PS.: abill_uk, please refrain from comments about h-e-n, according to your previous posts it can never work without hardware modifications that only you had done successfully but never were willing to share. So WTF are you even bothering about commenting it?

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2011-07-26 at 13:08.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Balzan Malta
It is not dead. It is working. Usb port is finished. I can now connect it again with my pc and even charge with the wall charger. I am not that noobish in soldering. I just do not have a lot of experience in surface mount soldering. Thanks for the help who ever contributed!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luketanti For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by luketanti View Post
It is not dead. It is working. Usb port is finished. I can now connect it again with my pc and even charge with the wall charger. I am not that noobish in soldering. I just do not have a lot of experience in surface mount soldering. Thanks for the help who ever contributed!
THIS is the reason that the mod involving hen should never be attempted because of this "noob" can fix a broken usb port then i am sure anyone can if they take some time and effort to try.

I will not share my mods for a few reasons because they are not easy and would never want people to destroy the pcb alltogether.

Well done luketanti for showing how the N900 can be kept standard without the need for wiring mods that involve software limitations.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-07-26 at 13:26.

Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
and I'm out. sorry, but this is useless

R.I.P. RX-51, you served a noble purpose to teach a soldering noob about soldering being not that easy. Maybe even taught 2 helpful "Engineers" about helping isn't like doing it yourself. Nevertheless we'll miss you
/j

PS.: abill_uk, please refrain from comments about h-e-n, according to your previous posts it can never work without hardware modifications that only you had done successfully but never were willing to share. So WTF are you even bothering about commenting it?
Your saying this because you want people to do it your way and that is unfair comment to make when it has been shown to be very possible with help of "engineers" as you put it.

Please remember this is not the kind of device you can handle when wiring mods such as the ones your potraying people do as it is meant to be a mobile phone and tacking wires to those pads is far more difficult than soldering the port itself under any circumstances.

May i suggest you stop looking down on people and consider yourself to be no better than anyone else in this world because we are after all human flesh and blood and the way forward is to teach rather than put down people.

PS not one time have i talked to you in a downward manner but you for some reason feel the need to be so and i feel sorry for you.

Originally Posted by luketanti View Post
By RX-51 R.I.P, joerg_rw meant user with such a nickname. Just for clarification

Anyway, I'm glad that you've succeed.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
THIS is the reason that the mod involving hen should never be attempted because of this "noob" can fix a broken usb port then i am sure anyone can if they take some time and effort to try.

I will not share my mods for a few reasons because they are not easy and would never want people to destroy the pcb alltogether.

Well done luketanti for showing how the N900 can be kept standard without the need for wiring mods that involve software limitations.
Step Back Nothing To See Here!

The next time I read about you posting in threads not on topic will get you a ban, next time you post something about your "wondermod" without posting details what you did will get you a ban! Just to prevent you from posting crap and get you banned again. I don't like you and I wont hesitate to ban you, again, this time forever. And I am not pretending to be nice anymore you ran the edge and if you will fail a step again you will find yourself a new place to waste other people's time!

St. Chem out!

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by chemist View Post

The next time I read about you posting in threads not on topic will get you a ban, next time you post something about your "wondermod" without posting details what you did will get you a ban! Just to prevent you from posting crap and get you banned again. I don't like you and I wont hesitate to ban you, again, this time forever. And I am not pretending to be nice anymore you ran the edge and if you will fail a step again you will find yourself a new place to waste other people's time!

St. Chem out!
Why wait? Do it now

The Following User Says Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chemist View Post

St. Chem out!
THen do me a favour ok and delete every post i have made on this forum when you ban me because i will give NOTHING under such threats from a moderator ok.

I am now beggining to realise it was a complete waste of time coming on this community just like Nokia is right now.

Goodbye

Tags
test points, usb port