Active Topics

Originally Posted by chilango View Post
I´m agree. OLED is a Killer Feature from N9
Yes i can install sofia-SIP but for this i wrote VoIP integration ON UI

I dont like to have an SIP-App, I like to have Contact-List with Numbers on normal telefonie and SIP (and Skype for these that still use Skype)

For me its not an Propblem if Nokia put Maemo or Sailfish on there Phone but mit N9 like UI

Or put N9 UI under GPL and publish Sources
Huh?
Harmattan sources were all available afaik (except hw drivers)

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by tortoisedoc View Post
Huh?
Harmattan sources were all available afaik (except hw drivers)
Actually lot of the middleware is still closed. Think about, for example the emoji handling bug in N9 where received message is silently discarded if it contains some special characters.

The fix by @thp is a binary patch on top of the messaging system, and why? Because sources for the original are not available...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Actually lot of the middleware is still closed. Think about, for example the emoji handling bug in N9 where received message is silently discarded if it contains some special characters.

The fix by @thp is a binary patch on top of the messaging system, and why? Because sources for the original are not available...
is that middleware part of harmattan? or odm specific?

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following User Says Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by tortoisedoc View Post
is that middleware part of harmattan? or odm specific?
The whole Meego/Harmattan OS/Middleware/Interface combo was in a sense "ODM specific" since there only ever were 2 devices released, N9 and N950 which both came from the same "ODM", namely Nokia

There were open parts of course, the kernel and quite a few OS components. I still have the source DVD somewhere... However massive amounts of stuff were never released in the open.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
We talk nonsense here, will never happened at all, except all the developers going away from the 'comfort' zone of iOS + droid, how sad is that? We almost have no choice, go for iOS or droid only ( recently)

Build up a new harmattan on newest hardware available, throw that 1020 camera in, and gives all developer big amount of money to develop on this platform, and give them benefit from app 'market/store'...dream...now let's sleep...again

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
We talk nonsense here, will never happened at all, except all the developers going away from the 'comfort' zone of iOS + droid, how sad is that? We almost have no choice, go for iOS or droid only ( recently)
Nonsensical choice, let's just say I ain't taking that pill

Build up a new harmattan on newest hardware available, throw that 1020 camera in, and gives all developer big amount of money to develop on this platform, and give them benefit from app 'market/store'...dream...now let's sleep...again
build up... throw in... give money... ?
Who exactly are you talking about here now, have you not heard the news yet; Nokia is not in the mobile phones business anymore.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Who exactly are you talking about here now, have you not heard the news yet; Nokia is not in the mobile phones business anymore.[/QUOTE]

Tell that to op, and who exactly are you? Are you nokia themselves?

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Who exactly are you talking about here now, have you not heard the news yet; Nokia is not in the mobile phones business anymore.
Tell that to op, and who exactly are you? Are you nokia themselves?
No, of course not. My opinions are not Nokia's opinions and so on, the standard disclaimer text applies here. I of course know nothing of business decisions as being on the very lowest level possible.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: