Posts: 136 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Streets of Avalon | Zwolle, the Netherlands
Hi,

My N9 turned off out of the blue and I can't restart it.

I have ubiboot specially configured for boot with Sailfish OS. The Nokia splash screen with the scary warning also dont' show up after power on. It goes directly to the ubiboot bootscreen. I can choose Meego and Sailfish but after choosing one of these two the phone turns off.

What did just happened?

Last edited by vincr; 2014-02-21 at 14:07.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by vincr View Post
Hi,

My N9 turned off out of the blue and I can't restart it.

I have ubiboot specially configured for boot with Sailfish OS. The Nokia splash screen with the scary warning also dont' show up after power on. It goes directly to the ubiboot bootscreen. I can choose Meego and Sailfish but after choosing one of these two the phone turns off.

What did just happened?
Can you connect the device in your PC in ubibot maintanance mode and check what is in your ubiboot.log (MyDocs/boot/ubiboot.log)

Did you do anything special with the device before it stopped working?

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
At least dont panic like that your phone is ok just a software issue

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
Check the logs...
You can also flash a standard open mode kernel to boot if you dont want to use maintenance mode...

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Streets of Avalon | Zwolle, the Netherlands
It was the drained battery that caused the panic. After the flasher trick it is now working again! Thanks for the reply's tho

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
Dont panic,

you dont need to flash. Only start flashing process.
It stops and is waiting to have a charge 10% or more. Let your phone charge to 9 % and interupt the flash process.
Than charge it normal with the wallcharger