Notices

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
hi i have this problem : when i call to my family in other country they cannot hear me but i can hear them and this is only happening when i call international phone numbers not when i call to skype contact
What i have also noticed is that the testsound service contact isn't showing anymore in the contactbook and i can not test therefor my microphone so any suggestions please

anyone can help me or direct me to the help community so i can asked them again???

i cannot find the solution in powersearch or search so please maemo.org people help me find a solution

Do you have skype credit?
Does the call go through?

yes but they cant hear me if i use my N900
i checked everything even removed the accounts and again made them but still the same.

Does the call go through on your n900?

yes and when they pickup they cannot hear me but i can hear them and i dont no how to solve this and i think it started since the pr 1.2 update.
is yours oke?

i am still waiting for help so i guess when u people have some time left u might help me than.

thanks

Last edited by Ali; 2010-06-23 at 20:34.

does anyone have the same problem???? please help me

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Thread moved to Applications.

The Test Call account is echo123, if you want to test it.

You don't need to bump the thread every couple of minutes (under the new rules, excessive bumping in a short time could be considered spam). This is a forum, so you're not going to get an instant response.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

no real help to you but I can confirm that on my n900 I can use skype out to international numbers in USA/spain (both mobile & landline) no problems, both before & since PR1.2.

to eliminate possible causes:

1. first. skypeout to the problem destination from a PC (not n900). If that is consistantly OK then the n900 is suspect ....
- is skypeout on n900 working OK to other destinations?
- is normal voice calling OK from n900?

2. if skypeout from PC is not working either then it may be a problem with skype's route to your destination, or with the telephone being used by the person you're calling:

-can you skypeout to an international destination in a country other than the one that is giving problems? if so, can you skypeout to a different number in the SAME country that is causing problems? if that works ok too then get your problem contact to check their own landline/mobile. If they say it's OK verify by making a short call to them from a landline just to be sure. then repeat by calling them from your n900 on a normal voice call.

this is all obvious stuff just to narrow down what is going wrong, but until you can eliminate other possibilities its hars to help.

last thought - are you skyping on n900 over 3G or WiFi? if 2G that could well be contributing to your problems. if 3G, is the signal good? if WiFi, is your LAN bandwidth/latency etc. ok? (ave you recenty changed firewall settings or router? worth checking these out too ...

If you buy a niche, highly modifiable smartphone and proceed to mess it up by blindly screwing around, don't just blame the phone, also blame yourelf.