Originally Posted by coderus View Post
it already full featured. nothing to do.
Extraplugins is based on pidgin? there is new upstream release, dunno if it would make any difference here though.

And there are translations done, I admit they are not that important.

Anyway, there are always something to do. But is it worth the effort? well I dont know about that.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
are there always something to do? then make changes and commit. you are welcome.
and yes, it based on libpurple0 from pidgin, and why need to update? something not working? i have no problems. you have?

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
encryption option here. maybe you talking about ignore-ssl-errors option?
Wow I've totally missed the require encryption option in the UI. But now I see why: while it is present in the account after you've set-up the account, it isn't there in the dialog when adding a new account.

But indeed, an "ignore-ssl-errors" option might be welcome.

Compared to the version on my pc, on the N9 pidgin is still lacking OTR. I dont know, if this problem is tied to Extraplugins or if it has to be solved independently.
I have not even found a way untill now, to use the secure connection to swissjabber.ch (certifacate is somehow not ok).

@Fuzzillogic, as always, while creating new account just common options avialable. All supported options visible only in editing.

How do I delete these "Ghost accounts"? I got both from msn, but reinstall nor restart wont help. Suggestions?

tinyurl.com/d84n6lv

delete accounts, go to terminal
Code:
mc-tool list
find ghosts
Code:
mc-tool remove GHOST_ACCOUNT

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Prague, Czech
I vote for "ignore-ssl-errors" in UI too.
I have more XMPP accounts. Selfsigned or signed by CA not on N9.
I use simple script for set it on all XMPP accounts:
Code:
mc-tool list | grep "gabble/jabber" | while read XmppAcount ;
do
  mc-tool update "$XmppAcount" bool:require-encryption=1 bool:ignore-ssl-errors=1
done

Last edited by Kaacz; 2012-04-06 at 00:11.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Prague, Czech
@Nokiastore Better is allow to put libpurple0 and telepathy-haze into harmattan repository. Your R&D team can build and test this libraries for harmattan.
Yes, this is systematic & right solution.
@Nokiastore i vote for this solution too.

I downloaded the plugins from the store and I added Windows messenger, but I'm not sure what I'm doing. I entered the credentials and I expected to be able to change my availability in the as an indication of it being successfully connected, but I don't. Am i doing something wrong?