Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by richardski View Post
Sailfish needs to run in the real world to expose bugs and improve it. The more hardware platforms the better this process works.
On the other hand, the more hardware they support it on, the thinner the support is stretched. I'd rather they concentrated on getting their own hardware singing sweetly than fluffing some specs fetishist who won't buy a phone unless it's got a ridiculously high ppi or octo-core 3ghz CPUs

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Once the OS is out of Beta I don't care. I would hate to see another device announced before this. I don't want a developement phone I want one that can handle the fully released OS with ease, and be capable of taking the latest updates and versions for at least 18 months

My typiccal phone life/uasge is 2 yrs so I have 22months still with my Jolla before I look to buy again.

If Jolla were to quickly announce a Jolla 2 alongside an OS revision that only runs on the later device and leave the early Jolla 1 adopters in a cul de sac I would be livid. (Wp7.8 anyone!)

Originally Posted by robnas View Post
The ones who uses it, about 99% of the members here that are using Jolla?
.....duh????

As I said before: I think it would be good to contact the makers of the review to see if they want to do it over. The numbers don't represent the user experience, so it seems...
a new phone was just released, there not a big company that can fire off phones at will like samsung

Last edited by m4r0v3r; 2014-01-20 at 15:21. Reason: misred

Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
a new phone was just released, there not a big company that can fire off phones at will like samsung
and we still not have all the info of current new device ( i2c )

after 1 month of daily use...JOLLA is awesome!

regards.

I just don't think it's as easy for them to release a new phone as people think, since there not focusing on hardware as they've said, there all about the services, so thats why am all game for them teaming up with manufactures who have the money to create a new 1080p 16gig ram with an octacore processor, rather than having to shoulder that weight themselves.

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Finland
Jolla CEO interview - it is in finnish, but perhaps some on-line translator can help..

http://mobiili.fi/2013/12/19/jollan-...dennakoisesti/

- they expect that some other manufacturer will release Sailfish phone in 2014 (in discussions with several possible partners)

- Will Jolla have new phone in 2014? "Probably - we have plans in place"

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to vo-de For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by vo-de View Post
Jolla CEO interview - it is in finnish, but perhaps some on-line translator can help..

http://mobiili.fi/2013/12/19/jollan-...dennakoisesti/

- they expect that some other manufacturer will release Sailfish phone in 2014 (in discussions with several possible partners)

- Will Jolla have new phone in 2014? "Probably - we have plans in place"
That's what I said... Epic news. can't wait to get my hands on their next phone. Thank you jolla.

Name do the new phone? joll 2.0. I think we need a anticipation thread soon...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-01-20 at 17:09.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Marlborough, Wiltshire, UK
jPhone2

One alphabetical step up from Apple.

Richard

Last edited by richardski; 2014-01-21 at 01:19.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by richardski View Post
jPhone2

One alphabetical step up from Apple.

Richard
That's one small alphabetical step for a man, but one giant leap for mankind.

Jolla, feel free to QUOTE me and neil(rip) in your next commercial for jPhone ll.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
do you think jolla would be commited to keeping the same dimensions for the other half, so that they are interchangable between models?

if yes, how does this impact on maximum screen size for a putative jphone2?

there is a lot of bezel (still) to play with, so; 4.7", 5.0"...

The Following User Says Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post: