Active Topics

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by marlon comfort View Post
What's the X-Terminal command to get the "Camera-ui log"? Kinda like stuck here.
Whoops, forgot that `camera-ui` doesn't provide log as it should. Sorry

Projects no longer actively developed: here

General feedback here. After doing three attempts at using thumb cssu I decided to return to a vanilla kernel-power build with much stuff removed. Reason being too high idle current on a fresh thumb cssu install. I didn't look into it for too long as it wasn't an acceptable situation to be in with my 'production' =) n900 (although I honestly appreciate there has a huge amount of work gone into making this possible). Perhaps it was leaking memory from a widget in the fresh install (I don't use any widgets). I don't know. I prefer to have a non internet installable N900 anyway (dpkg -i *deb etc) so I wasn't ever going to be the target 'market' for cssu thumb. Thanks again, all the best.

No increased idle current here, whatsoever (3-4 mA with all radios disabled, 7-8 mA with 2G GSM). I wonder, what measuring methods have you used?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I wonder, what measuring methods have you used?
Yours (bnf) And higher overall cpu use (conky).
I am 95% certain I had increased current. I run a very lean system and I noticed a increase in usage current as well as idle current.
But then again I didn't look into it properly so it could have been many things.
Anyhow, I prefer a setup where I can install without internet as I am quite mobile and often only have a 3G connection.

The Following User Says Thank You to independent For This Useful Post:
is there a way to uninstall this kernel so i can revert to original one so i can make use of my camera again? thanks guys

im using version: 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo9.1 thumb0, flavour testing

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
There is no easy way to revert to non-thumb!

Did you ever try to reinstall the camera-ui
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install --reinstall camera-ui
First method to revert from thumb: Backup via the Backup application first, then completely flash the firmware and the Vanilla image according to the wiki http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

Second method: You will have to get for each of the packages you have installed from the thumb repository the version number from the nokia, cssu and, maybe, extras repositories to specify in a command ala
Code:
apt-get install --reinstall zlib1g=1:1.2.3-9.osso9+0m5
or for the CSSU stable
Code:
apt-get install --reinstall zlib1g=1:1.2.7.dfsg-13maemo1+0cssu1
This is only the example for one single package, but you have to add the complete version for each of the packages of this command to a long list 'thumb.list'
Code:
dpkg -l|grep thumb|awk '/^ii/{ print $2 }' > thumb.list
Then paste each of the package name to a fresh new list 'version. list'
Code:
apt-cache policy $(<thumb.list) > version.list
Now you will have to do the manual part and read out the version from the nokia-repo line or the cssu-stable-repo.

You will have to prepare the command in a text file and paste it to the X-Terminal because that might be one command for approx.some 80 lines

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
thnx, let me gv it a try

thnx Michaaa, let me gv it a try

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by marlon comfort View Post
is there a way to uninstall this kernel so i can revert to original one so i can make use of my camera again? thanks guys

im using version: 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo9.1 thumb0, flavour testing
Do you have fcam drivers installed? If yes, install fcam-drivers from extras-devel and your camera should be fine again.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 76 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ India
After latest updated my N900 is unable to read memory card after putting back cover on, it requires reboot every time to read it, i tried to mount \dev\mmcblk1p1 but it showed can't find error, Kindly suggest how to solve this problem. Thanks

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life