Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
perfect!
Thanks for the broad hint. But following the unspoken tmo-rule:
"One can measure the noobishness grade of a question by the font size of dirkvls answer", where is my 200px-size-link noob slap?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland

RF field sensitivity issue confirmed: 4G and keyboard on left-side of phone causes trouble (Missing keystrokes, infinite repeated keystrokes, disconnected-connected loop)

Use Wifi/3G or keyboard on right-side of phone as workaround.

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
So that's what was causing that! I had all three symptoms, but I thought it was dodgy pins on my keyboard part, or the fact that my Jolla bows up slightly because the phone part of TOHKBD is such a tight fit (so there's a slight gap between the phone and keyboard parts).

Thanks for just coming out and saying you know there's an issue, you'd never get that kind of honesty from one of the megacorps!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Hi. I have this weird problem with my TOHKBD2. If I press 5 or press 6 I get 56, r or t I get rt, f or g I get fg, and v or b .....
Not weird... This is hardware issue. Please contact Dirk via email...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Hi there Dirkvl,

my tohkbd order number is 643, I ordered and paid via funkyotherhalf.com in febuary. that's been 6 month now. I waited patiently, I really did. But right now, when I checked why everyone is getting theirs and mine won't come I found the list and there it is very lonely with half a dozen other otherhalfs, marked "ran out of brushed black steel ".
So the question is: will you be getting that brushed black steel soon? because if that's a big holdup, I would just choose some other backplate that you have available. Would've been very willing to change even sooner if you'd just have sent out a mail to us five metal fans. But now it's too late anyway. Won't have a keyboard on my jolla for the chaos communications camp in a few days. :(

cheers,
mchack

P.S. Still I can see you've been buried in work, so I guess I was just misfortunate. Thanks for all the effort you put in.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mchack For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mced View Post
Thanks! But I would swear I was heading towards West and compass was displaying a number next to 360, before suddenly moving to another random one.

Or maybe it's time to drink less beer...
Jollas (some? all?) have a quirk with the compass it seems - it often isn't calibrated when you open the app.

I found laying it flat, then rotating it 720 degrees or so around the vertical, fixes it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by MikeHG View Post
Jollas (some? all?) have a quirk with the compass it seems - it often isn't calibrated when you open the app.

I found laying it flat, then rotating it 720 degrees or so around the vertical, fixes it.
That is called "compass calibration" and pretty much all hall-effect / inertial compasses need it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Yep, but there are multiple ways to do it [edit: and some devices need it more frequently than others]. I've often heard waving the device around in a kind of 'figure of 8' pattern does it, and it has seemed to help on a few Android devices, but doesn't appear to do anything to the Jolla.

Last edited by MikeHG; 2015-08-10 at 16:01.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kimmoli View Post
Not weird... This is hardware issue. Please contact Dirk via email...
I have the same issue as someone before, but I lost the message. The issue is that Ctrl seems to get stuck sometimes, which is reaaaallly annoying.

Is that a hardware or software issue?

Thanks!

Has anyone tried the tohkbd in android console emulators ?

I tried several and all of them have the problem that you can't hold a key especially the up/down/left/right keys. so games are unplayable. for example in jumpnruns you can't run. is there any workaround for that problem? i use sailfish os 1.1.7.25 and tohkbd software 0.41.

last but not least:
Thank you Dirk Kimmo and Andrew for this great piece of Hardware which makes my Jolla complete ! I tried it for a month now use it daily for messaging and really get used to it. Only things missing are qwertz layout support in sailfishos and gaming capabilities if the problem mentioned above is fixed.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elektrobier For This Useful Post:

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd