Active Topics

Today I met my cuz studying CS, He was damn excited to see my N900, and wanted to buy it soon, many of his frens at Uni, owned N900 ! He has seen more than 50 units of N900 @ Uni.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Prague
Reporting from Czech Republic - my co-worker have one , and a surprise for me - another two or three i saw around here in Prague - in hand of ladyes !! (Is any of them here ?) ...Not saying it's a men-branded device ....but

I have never seen anyone with a N900 and I have known about the phone for over a year. People are always impressed when they see what mine can do tho and say they never seen or heard of it. I guess I got the exclusive phone I wanted.

Erie/Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
i think im the only one here in the netherlands.. I have never seen a advertisement about the n900 here xd.. so it was kinda weird..

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Germany
I was invited to a New Years party in London.

When I checked my N900 for incoming text messages, one of the guests exclaimed in surprise: "Wait, what? Is this a N900???"

It turned out that he also owns a N900. We had enough talk for the rest of the evening ;-)

I saw one in the wild in Krakow on some IT workshops.

Last week I convinced my friend to buy one (and spend whole day explaining basis)
Yesterday I convinced another
So almost 3 N900 at Silesia.

Saw a guy in the Vodafone shop with an N900 on Friday. He was saying he just couldn't get on with the phone so he was asking for a replacement. I admired his courage in admitting that it was above his head rather than ranting about it being a sh*t phone. Then I made him sick by showing him some of the things you could do with it if you put your mind to it.
A few other customers were pretty impressed too.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
Just one guy in Sofia, Bulgaria I know with N900. He is financial manager, owns it because it was the most expensive NOKIA touch screen phone at that time ;-)
WTF??? This is 100% not true! I кnow a lot of people who owns N900, I saw yesterday in Carrefour a woman with one of those pieces.
BTW I am wondering how such stupid f*cks are hired for Fin. M`s etc. I have enough from " people from the deep dark province". (Тъпи селяци!) I hope you know what i mean with (Тъпи селяци!).
Cheers!

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@bat_malin
Of course there are more than one, but that's how many I have seen/know myself ;-)

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on May 2010 @ UK, London
I was at the supermarket (Tesco) the other day loading the Tesco-Clubcard app on my N8 while waiting at the checkout and there was this tall guy trying to peak at my phone.

So I looked into his eyes and gave him a 'dirty' look.

What does the guy do? Pull out his N900.

I really had the urge to pull mine out, but unfortunately it was at the Nokia Care centre getting treated for having a faulty USB connector.

One of the things that I noticed is, that we (N900 users) have the urge to show other 'smart-phone' users that we are far superior. I mean, I love it when people come and enquire about my N900 as if it was something from a different Planet.

Btw, any fellow N900-ers/Maemo-ers around in North London?

(P.S.: If you are the guy who I met at Tesco- Hello! Nice meeting you!)

Last edited by kevinp93; 2011-01-09 at 21:42.