Active Topics

 



Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
BluesLee's Avatar
Posts: 321 | Thanked: 803 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
#781
Originally Posted by r0kk3rz View Post
You don't want it yet, its not ready :P
You don't know what people are willing to use if there are no real alternatives in their eyes, for instance a Sony tablet with Sailfishos without any sensors, bluetooth, gps, camera .. did i forgot something?

By the way, how do you know that its nor ready yet?
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 78 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Paraguay
#782
Originally Posted by Heik View Post
I have Xperia X with Android 7.1.1. I am not at all familiar about Android firmwares. CDA of my F5121 is 1302-9422 Rev 4. In XperiFirm I cannot find that CDA (nor any related to Finland, if that matters). Can I use any of the listed firmwares to downgrade?
I also have F5122 with 1302-3039 Rev2. How about it ?
You can flash any version of CDA on your phone, my Xperia X is from USA and hasn't fingerprint enabled, so I flashed from my region Generic LAM, which have a different CDA and works as expected and with fingerprint enabled

Enviado desde mi F5121 mediante Tapatalk
 

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to meloferz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Jan 2012
#783
Originally Posted by meloferz View Post
You can flash any version of CDA on your phone, my Xperia X is from USA and hasn't fingerprint enabled, so I flashed from my region Generic LAM, which have a different CDA and works as expected and with fingerprint enabled

Enviado desde mi F5121 mediante Tapatalk
Thank you for the info.
 

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 183 | Thanked: 910 times | Joined on Jul 2014
#784
Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
You don't know what people are willing to use if there are no real alternatives in their eyes, for instance a Sony tablet with Sailfishos without any sensors, bluetooth, gps, camera .. did i forgot something?

By the way, how do you know that its nor ready yet?
gps works, but you forgot about video playback

But honestly, would you expect people to pay for something as broken as that sony tab image?
__________________
SirenSong v0.5
Like my work? buy me a beer

Last edited by r0kk3rz; Yesterday at 17:37.
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
explit's Avatar
Posts: 511 | Thanked: 1,244 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
#785
Originally Posted by Heik View Post
I have Xperia X with Android 7.1.1. I am not at all familiar about Android firmwares. CDA of my F5121 is 1302-9422 Rev 4. In XperiFirm I cannot find that CDA (nor any related to Finland, if that matters). Can I use any of the listed firmwares to downgrade?
I also have F5122 with 1302-3039 Rev2. How about it ?
That doesn't matters, i flashed this CDA 1301-2283 Commercial and Journalist. Its Android 6.0

Afterwards you can extract TA-Partition (DRM-Keys) and upgrade to your CDA (Android 7.1.1) again.

The whole process of Downgrade, TA-Extraction and Bootloader Unlock is very well described here. But its unfortunately in German.

http://sailfishmods.de/2017/07/howto...ys-bootloader/
Attached Images
 

Last edited by explit; Yesterday at 19:12.
 

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
karlos devel's Avatar
Posts: 50 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Guatemala
#786
Originally Posted by explit View Post
Got mine from Ebay germany. for 199,- eur.
The F5121 is one of the Xperia X offered @ ALDI in Germany.

Downgraded to 6.0, created TA-Partition-Backup (DRM) and unlocked Bootloader.
Why downgrade explit?
__________________
Caballlero
Free Software supporter
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to karlos devel For This Useful Post:
chenliangchen's Avatar
Posts: 1,252 | Thanked: 5,917 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
#787
Originally Posted by karlos devel View Post
Why downgrade explit?
Because you can't back up your DRM or other Sony specific blobs under Nougat.
__________________
Please support my work on The Next QWERTY Slider!
 

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
karlos devel's Avatar
Posts: 50 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Guatemala
#788
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Because you can't back up your DRM or other Sony specific blobs under Nougat.
Thank very much Chen... This applies only to sony phones under nougat or any phone under nougat?
__________________
Caballlero
Free Software supporter
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to karlos devel For This Useful Post:
chenliangchen's Avatar
Posts: 1,252 | Thanked: 5,917 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
#789
Originally Posted by karlos devel View Post
Thank very much Chen... This applies only to sony phones under nougat or any phone under nougat?
As far as I know only Sony phones needs to back up this DRM thing, otherwise you will lose certain function in camera (noise cancellation?) And screen colour enhancement.

Other manufacturers will just display you a warning screen (like Motorola) or lose warranty or can't do future OTA but won't have a functional loss as Sony.
__________________
Please support my work on The Next QWERTY Slider!
 

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 21:46.