Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Venezuela
Gracias pana... que lastima en lo que se ha convertido nokia. Por cierto, cuando lanzas otra version del yappari?

Aunque he tenido problemas que se conecta y luego me dice time out o problema con el dns

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Barcelona - Spain
Hi Scorpius,

As mehulk2 in a previous message I suggest for the next version:

- Copy/Paste text from messages.

Also, recently I wanted to "Mute" the messages in a group but by mistake I chose "Leave group". I think I left the group instantly. Sorry if I'm wrong but if does not exist it would be possible to have a warning message "Do you want to leave this group?" or something like that? Or change the location of Leave group button.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fatalist For This Useful Post:
"Bug" report when you or someone sends a link (url) long, you can't go to the link because some part of the link takes like a normal message.

Example:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p-1325296#post1325296

When is a tiny url is good but when is long, that happens.

Any information about next update?

Greetings.

Does it still work to log onto Whatsapp using Nitdroid as an existing Yappari user? I was thinking about changing my profile picture (which I had set up using Nitdroid) but I don't want to break my existing and working Yappari.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ozymandias For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Does it still work to log onto Whatsapp using Nitdroid as an existing Yappari user? I was thinking about changing my profile picture (which I had set up using Nitdroid) but I don't want to break my existing and working Yappari.
No, it doesn't work anymore.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
hey scorpius...
i am going to change my number..so how can i delete my old account..???

Hey Scorpius,

The last update finally works for me!
Many thanks! I'm realy getting tired of carrying a **** blackberry also with me just for whatsapp -.-'

many thanks again, and a nice day to you!

Greetings, Sander. (The Netherlands.)

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Lebanon- Beirut
The open whatsapp project: bassed on Yowsup, and source is available
http://openwhatsapp.org/develop/

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Hong Kong
Hi All,

First of all many thanks for this app which I have been following the development of closely.

I've been running WhatsApp on an Android x86 installation on a PC and accessing it from my N900 through VNC for a while now (more details in this post). It's functional (most of the time), but clearly quite unweildy! So I would really like to finally give Yappari a try and run WhatsApp natively on my N900.

My question is to ask whether I should setup Yappari to use my existing Android WhatsApp account, or to re-register from scratch with Yappari. My current Android account uses my existing mobile number, and as a side note my (extended) 'free trial period' ends in June.

Also, if I re-register in Yappari, do I/should I first delete my Android account? Would really appreciate some answers to these queries from you gents in the know! Many thanks in advance for your help!

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Indonesia
Yappari stopped working today, i cant open it, it just shows loading bar with black screen as usually, but then it reverts back to desktop. anyone can help me with this please?

I fixed it by removing /home/user/.yappari/roster.db and chats.db

Last edited by Dhicky; 2013-03-04 at 17:49. Reason: fixed

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp