Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2014 @ Argentina
Hi all guys, i think this is not a repost, if so im sorry. Ive been looking for this problem with no solution from about a month. The thing is, ive lost the root access and the devel mode is not responding. The phone isnt recognized by any pc with any os and any driver in use. I cant do a flash due to this the flasher soes not see the phone when executing. Im currently using debian squeeze and windows 7 64 bit at home. I have the correct cables and ive checked in all the ways, all the systems, all the os, i formatted, ive restored the phone ive tryed all the ways i know ive alredy used tweks and mods and modifed kernels too. The phone never had a problem till one day just after restore the configs the phone begun to do this and has that red background in all the menus...
the phone works fine as phone, its kynda lagged and some apps dosnt opn but i can make calls and have mails and 4g and sms and mms too... Any usb just say devkce nlt working well, cant mount on linux neither... has no sim lock its a 1.3 pr global black 16gb version.

Last edited by Yu__Narukami; 2014-06-13 at 22:09. Reason: Forgot something XD

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Streets of Avalon | Zwolle, the Netherlands
4g on a N9? Cool!

what does the flasher say?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by vincr View Post
4g on a N9? Cool!
Most probably it's just HSPA+ which had been reclassified around a year ago by telcos as 4G.

it´s "4G" technically... the phone obviously says 3.5G and the speed tests are around 700kbps more or less. im from argentina and i have "Claro", its one of the best speeds for mobile internet here... (imagine the bad ones...) they just sell it like 4G here, sorry my bad... XD

and for the important question... the flasher dosnt show anything in particular... dosnt found suitable usb and just stay on waiting... ive been using phoenix too and its the same... just like theres no phone connected
btw, the phone charges ok using usb and using wall chargers too and shows the options for connection, sdk mode, sync and mass storage mode, but when you try to select one, stop charging and windows shows the device not working properly advice... on linux i just cant find the phone even trying to mount it, ive checked the usb ports too and nothing...

Last edited by Yu__Narukami; 2014-06-14 at 14:51. Reason: not post again

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 385 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Madrid, Spain
Hi
Could you please try to post here the last 30-40 lines of the "dmesg" command under linux, right after you connect the phone to the computer?
That may help a bit....
Regards.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Have you tried adding cold flashing flag to flasher command, as with cold flashing, your computer does not need to see the device.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

hi guys, yeah i tried cold flashing (adding -c and -i i assume thats correct... XD) and dead phone flhasing with phoenix too, i cant get any info with lsusb or dsmeg when i connect the device neither; cant make the phone start in boot mode, im still trying to see whats going on, the thing is that the computer "find" the device but n9 does not resolve the usb adress so there is no return nor response and just enters into charging mode asking for an option, when you select any option (sdk, sync or mass store) just stop responding and the pc shows the error msg... i currently have the phone at my office right now so i cant load any screenshots but will do tomorrow, the fact is that im thinking about a hard problem too so i decided to make a double check with my programmer boss at the office with a debian squeeze machine there, he can check it out i assume. we were looking on this with him too, but he uses n900 not n9 so its not very familiar with meego and aegis stuff. sorry for my late responses, i will load tomorrow the screens from my virtual machine and from my office too
btw, the phone still works ok with no devel and root mode...

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ CA, USA
Originally Posted by Yu__Narukami View Post
hi guys, yeah i tried cold flashing (adding -c and -i i assume thats correct... XD) and dead phone flhasing with phoenix too, i cant get any info with lsusb or dsmeg when i connect the device neither; cant make the phone start in boot mode, im still trying to see whats going on, the thing is that the computer "find" the device but n9 does not resolve the usb adress so there is no return nor response and just enters into charging mode asking for an option, when you select any option (sdk, sync or mass store) just stop responding and the pc shows the error msg... i currently have the phone at my office right now so i cant load any screenshots but will do tomorrow, the fact is that im thinking about a hard problem too so i decided to make a double check with my programmer boss at the office with a debian squeeze machine there, he can check it out i assume. we were looking on this with him too, but he uses n900 not n9 so its not very familiar with meego and aegis stuff. sorry for my late responses, i will load tomorrow the screens from my virtual machine and from my office too
btw, the phone still works ok with no devel and root mode...
Have you used a different usb cable. Or have you used the cable with other phones/devices.

I need some extra space for cloud storage. Help me get some! (You get some too)

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by Shadwblade2652 View Post
Have you used a different usb cable. Or have you used the cable with other phones/devices.
And/or another port (not any front USB)?
Or just another computer. Weird, but sometimes the only solution!
--edit
Oops, 'reading' reveals you already tried that?
What OS exactly? And why you write VM? Using a VM you need the connectivity drivers on this VM (of course, but I assume you know). So looks like I do not have an idea...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2014-06-19 at 08:56.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
And you did press powerbutton for 15-30seconds untill it vibrates to get into flashing mode?
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.