Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Stskeeps migrating to XDA Always known he was a Android fanboy

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=433
So what, XDA is a good supplement to this forum for Sailfish and Android. Just like there are forums for WP and iOS etc.
Many of us own a sh.. load of devices and do visit multiple forums. I am one LOL.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 383 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jun 2013 @ Greece, Athens
Can I ask something? :P

What will happen if I will try to flash the image of Sailfish from Nexus 4 to Galaxy S3?? Will it brick it or it will boot?

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by bill_klpd View Post

What will happen if I will try to flash the image of Sailfish from Nexus 4 to Galaxy S3?? Will it brick it or it will boot?
I cannot guarantee you will brick it beyond reflashing but there is a high probability for that.
What I can guarantee is that you will not be able to boot it.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bill_klpd View Post

Shouldnt 'brick' as it apparently doesnt do stuff related to the bootloader partitions. Will it work ?
No, the modem for one is different. Which probably will make anything to do with modem useless (at best) = calls, SMS, MMS, data, etc.

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I cannot guarantee you will brick it beyond reflashing but there is a high probability for that.
Brick, most likely not,
Boot, most likely not
Difficult to recove, most likely
Useful no

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
What should be done to boot?
I mean there is a video from a Galaxy S3 booting sailfish but no instructions...
The libhybris and the image of Sailfish should be made in a way to fit to the Galaxy S3 's hardware?

I am trying to understand how everything works as I am starting right now

One more thing, why on the nexus 4 you have to flash a specific image of cyanogenmod, the "mako" one?? Does it have something different from the normal one?

the reason for the specifik firmware is the modem

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Iirc the i9305 video with sailfish running is posted by thp, the person doing the port, so it's still a non-public thing.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
So what, XDA is a good supplement to this forum for Sailfish and Android. Just like there are forums for WP and iOS etc.
Many of us own a sh.. load of devices and do visit multiple forums. I am one LOL.
So nothing. It was more of a jokeish. I made the exact same point a few pages back.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
I tried to install the nexus 4 image on my Galaxy S3 just to see what will happen... and nothing happened

I just got an error saying that this image is not for my phone.

For porting Sailfish, you have to port both libhyrbis and sailfish on the exact hardware of the phone?

Last edited by bill_klpd; 2014-06-24 at 16:53.

Tags
mister a-hole