Notices

Thanks Vlad, this is awesome.

I'm curious as to how this works. Is each xscreensaver hack modified to have a dbus interface?

Also, do you use gstreamer to play the videos? If so, the following wiki page might be useful to people having problems with choppy video. http://wiki.maemo.org/N900_Video_Encoding

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Costa Rica
How do i find category unknown , Please

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Devon, UK
Originally Posted by ash_haddadin View Post
The only problem I have now is that the videos I downloaded playing in 4:3. ... If there was a mute
See here. You can strip out the audio by changing "-oac copy" to "-nosound".

Originally Posted by warren View Post
How do i find category unknown , Please
Settings -> LiveWallpaper and click the thumbnail.

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Costa Rica
thank you sir

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
I couldn't find this by searching, but has there been any try to get the Live Wallpaper to show the feed from the back camera when it's open?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEsZXHS7J0I

want this live wallpaper on n900 is it possible ???

Last edited by NOMIOMI; 2011-02-18 at 18:53.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Live Wallpaper has issues when rotating in the Menu (CSSU)

When you are running the live wallpaper, go to the menu and rotate phone so the screen will also rotate....
This will show you the half of the live wallpaper.
Maybe it's better to stay as it is like the real desktop background?

So now that we have portrait mode in the menu, will Live Wallpapers also be fixed?

There has been several post about jerky video performance on PR1.3 with Live Wallpaper, is there any solutions for that? I have tried videos posted in here and tried to re-encode some of them to x264 and various resolutions with no success.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
I've asked this before but it probably got lost in the other requests ...

I'm running the photoslideshow in live wallpaper. But the normal theme background images are still visible next to/'behind' the photos. also when the picture is blurred due to losing focus because of a foreground action, then I'm getting a bad/weird mixture of a blurred theme background and a blurred photo from the live wallpaper.

Is it possible to blacken the background first and then put the photo on, when using the photo slideshow ? Changes are required anyway for the cooperation with the cssu, so maybe ... please?

thanks.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Alaska
Originally Posted by Netweaver View Post
I've asked this before but it probably got lost in the other requests ...

I'm running the photoslideshow in live wallpaper. But the normal theme background images are still visible next to/'behind' the photos. also when the picture is blurred due to losing focus because of a foreground action, then I'm getting a bad/weird mixture of a blurred theme background and a blurred photo from the live wallpaper.

Is it possible to blacken the background first and then put the photo on, when using the photo slideshow ? Changes are required anyway for the cooperation with the cssu, so maybe ... please?

thanks.
indeed. change your background to the a solid black color such as the one attached.
Attached Images