Notices

Inspired by wonderfull work of gdizzz, who bring us awesome Homeworld SDL port to N900, I started to search for other amazing games, that could run on our linux enviromnent via SDL.

The Witcher SDL project got my attention, especially, that I remember RED Engine being very customizable form the beginning (on native windoze, II was able to set it up for such exotic things as 840x525 resolution, and it worked flawlessly!).

It turned out to be right bet, and after messing with dozens of OpenGLES 1 oddities, I've come with sometihng to show. It's still very early stage of development - as expected, it runs OK on our native 800x480 resolution, but framerate is awful (yet), and sound doesn't work at all (say "hi" to our ancient pulseaudio version). There are, also, some minor things to fix, like pesky software cursor, appearing from time to time, but those are easy to fix.

I suspect huge performance gain (15-20%), when I manage to get rid of wrapping functions and run 100% native surface. Rest msut be achieved by turning off some expensive effects, that works solely on CPU in our case - like part of particle calculations, and some ambient lighting.

Preview video here:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xym...ort_videogames

Sorry for quality of those video, I had only old Fujifilm Finepix Z at hand, and my tripod is damaged, so it's recorder from hand - also, after coding for 46 hours straight, I spent only 15 minutes on making this video. And, some screenshots from N900:

And yes, mwhile engine is FOSS, you *will* have to own original game data files, in order to play this.

More to come.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2013-04-02 at 22:05. Reason: Prima Aprilis!

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
Wow 0.o ... This is amazing!!

Awesome job!

edit: 5am here... i just got it how you've done it.

Good work my friend

Last edited by SSLMM; 2013-04-01 at 03:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to SSLMM For This Useful Post:
wow. if it can maintain those graphics it will probably be the best looking game on here.

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Wow i hava a super game with super graphics good job estel
you spent 48 hrs on this take a nap at least

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Announcing it on 1-Apr-2013 frightens me with the possibility it's an April Fool joke... :/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Please say this is true!!!!!!!!!!!

^^i dn think estel gonna fool us

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 248 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Eindhoven, Netherlands
Hey guys I modified the source code estel sent me. I got it running on my 3310 but as usual the framerate is awful. Could someone write a gpu driver for 3310 with hw acceleration?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ariadeno For This Useful Post:
grrrr Worst ever thread by ESTEL

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
hehe nice aprils fool! Was it through VNC? :P

19:48 <Remi-X>: my name is fry and im shy
19:48 <Remi-X>: sh*t how can i even say something that dumb

Tags
kings, n900-rox, opengles, which-fool, witcher