Have you tried it yet?

It's my first game and I'm eager to here peoples suggestions

fAircrack (Aircrack GUI): Point-and-click pwnage for your N900
Now with John the Ripper integration

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe View Post
Have you tried it yet?

It's my first game and I'm eager to here peoples suggestions
I played a quick round. I've not done too much digging in but is the initial screen the pyqt part and the rest is pygame?

If you want I can either provide code suggestions or go ahead and make the change (which will be reflected in revision history of the repo).

Some thoughts on what will be needed for putting this into extras-testing:
  • bug tracker (we can use bugs.maemo.org for that, let me know and I'll email them about it, they've heard from me quite a bit)
  • Pausing when in the background (as a battery saver). I can look around at other similar projects (like solar wolf) to see what they did.
  • Maybe more?

EDIT: Oh and what license this is under

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 330 | Thanked: 483 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Norwich, UK
Originally Posted by epage View Post
I played a quick round. I've not done too much digging in but is the initial screen the pyqt part and the rest is pygame?

If you want I can either provide code suggestions or go ahead and make the change (which will be reflected in revision history of the repo).

Some thoughts on what will be needed for putting this into extras-testing:
  • bug tracker (we can use bugs.maemo.org for that, let me know and I'll email them about it, they've heard from me quite a bit)
  • Pausing when in the background (as a battery saver). I can look around at other similar projects (like solar wolf) to see what they did.
  • Maybe more?

EDIT: Oh and what license this is under
Yes the menu is PyQt and the rest is Pygame. Feel free to make changes but make sure you tell me about them (I assume that's what you meant by revision history)

I still have some fairly basic features I need to implement:
> Pause button
> Pause in background
> Maintain key focus

At the moment it loses focus when you switch to another window then switch back. If you need to close it the easiest way is to press backspace then use the x in the corner.

In regards to the license, I have no idea. I've never released anything before so I honestly have had no experience with this matter.

Thank you for your help by the way

EDIT: I have made a .desktop shortcut and icon as well if you want them

Last edited by FRuMMaGe; 2010-12-30 at 01:26.

Yes the menu is PyQt and the rest is Pygame. Feel free to make changes but make sure you tell me about them (I assume that's what you meant by revision history)

I still have some fairly basic features I need to implement:
> Pause button
> Pause in background
> Maintain key focus

At the moment it loses focus when you switch to another window then switch back. If you need to close it the easiest way is to press backspace then use the x in the corner.

In regards to the license, I have no idea. I've never released anything before so I honestly have had no experience with this matter.

Thank you for your help by the way

EDIT: I have made a .desktop shortcut and icon as well if you want them
I'm a fan of LGPL, people have to provide changes to your stuff but they can make whole new stuff.

I've already created a desktop file (I've created a project skeleton I do everything off of) but an icon would be good. I was just using charOpenRight.png.

What do you think of asking the guy making all of the community meegon icons for some images? Might be "cute" having it meego themed (seeing as maemo never really had a mascot or a theme of its own) and might distance ourselves on trademark concerns.

By revision history I mean if you can browse that website I posted all the code to and see line-by-line what changes I've made.

Besides running everything through pylint (the first thing I do before touching code, its like sanitizing hands before surgery) is to try to make the levels data driven with a level viewer so people can easily make their own levels if they want.

I'm a fan of LGPL, people have to provide changes to your stuff but they can make whole new stuff.

I've already created a desktop file (I've created a project skeleton I do everything off of) but an icon would be good. I was just using charOpenRight.png.

What do you think of asking the guy making all of the community meegon icons for some images? Might be "cute" having it meego themed (seeing as maemo never really had a mascot or a theme of its own) and might distance ourselves on trademark concerns.

By revision history I mean if you can browse that website I posted all the code to and see line-by-line what changes I've made.
The image i've been using is basically charOpenRight.png with some red pellets in front of it and a blue background, but it's a good idea to get someone better graphically skilled to do it. Most of the blocks in the levels were just some effects from gimp.

Use your best judgement with the license, I wouldn't know where to start.

I'm hoping to introduce a level editor, but at the moment you can customize any of the existing levels yourself by editing the level***.py files. I think people will find them fairly self explanatory (just number arrays including a key). However, the level limit is currently hardcoded so I need to change that (when levelselect == 16 the game knows that you have completed the 15th level and returns to the menu).

Also, on the git page it lists you as the author. Is there a way to credit me as the author or is it just default as it's your git page? I wouldn't find but it's my first ever game and it's just a psychological thing :P

EDIT: Never heard of pylint. I assume it tidies up the code?

EDIT2: I suppose a level viewer would be an implementation of the "LoadSprites" function

Last edited by FRuMMaGe; 2010-12-30 at 01:36.

Also, on the git page it lists you as the author. Is there a way to credit me as the author or is it just default as it's your git page? I wouldn't find but it's my first ever game and it's just a psychological thing :P
Sorry about that, I don't want to take any of the credit away from you. Really it should be "committer" rather than author. I'll see if I can rewrite the history to make you the author.

EDIT: Never heard of pylint. I assume it tidies up the code?

EDIT2: I suppose a level viewer would be an implementation of the "LoadSprites" function
pylint doesn't cleanup but gives you hints of potential code issues and stylistic issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Sorry about that, I don't want to take any of the credit away from you. Really it should be "committer" rather than author. I'll see if I can rewrite the history to make you the author.
Thanks.
pylint doesn't cleanup but gives you hints of potential code issues and stylistic issues.
I'll bet it was riddled with them

Once you have it easily installable, post instructions here so I can amend them to the first post. Crediting you for all your hard work of course