Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by MishaS View Post
It seems that now I have a competitor Please try https://garage.maemo.org/projects/idea/
Well -- yes and no. I still like your solution for its economy on screen realestate. It seems that Idea will claim so much desktop that I can't keep the "old" desktop applets I find useful (GPE Summary, Internet Radio, FM Radio, Canola's app and Internet Home Page).

The only way Simple Launcher could be improved (for me, that is) if it offered the choice to substitute the icons for user-defined (short) text labels, maybe with the option to have two rows of text buttons.

Well not truly a competitor, configuration is painful and too complicate. Still good start, transparent background and font size/color choose.

Hi Karel,

I think as long as we can choose our own icons & size, we could simply create icons that are text graphics as a work around too.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by luketoh View Post
Hi Karel,

I think as long as we can choose our own icons & size, we could simply create icons that are text graphics as a work around too.
Ooohh! you're a smart one, you are!

Hi Karel,

I just tried Idea! and it seems to do what you are looking for. It has text labels, and you can set the columns and rows you need as well as not having any icons (ie. just use text labels, i suppose selecting nothing for icons or an invisible pixel gif?). You can adjust the text label style. As for icons, you can choose which icon you like to use, or simply use the default one that came with the application. Also I noticed that it allows you to select more apps...

BTW, those who don't know, the settings are done at the Control Panel Personalisation side....

Ok, enough of this in this thread. If we're gonna discuss Idea, then we should start a new one.

Mishas! I hope you can release an improved version soon! Keep up the good work!

Last edited by luketoh; 2007-04-17 at 11:15.

Originally Posted by luketoh View Post
Hi Karel,

I just tried Idea! and it seems to do what you are looking for. It has text labels, and you can set the columns and rows you need as well as not having any icons (ie. just use text labels, i suppose selecting nothing for icons or an invisible pixel gif?). You can adjust the text label style. As for icons, you can choose which icon you like to use, or simply use the default one that came with the application. Also I noticed that it allows you to select more apps...

BTW, those who don't know, the settings are done at the Control Panel side....

Ok, enough of this in this thread. If we're gonna discuss Idea, then we should start a new one.

Mishas! I hope you can release an improved version soon! Keep up the good work!
Just installed it. Can't really figure out how to use it. Where's a "user's manual"? How do you add other programs to be launched and pick icons for them?

Originally Posted by nspeer View Post
Just installed it. Can't really figure out how to use it. Where's a "user's manual"? How do you add other programs to be launched and pick icons for them?
here is a video guide...
http://www.bouncelab.net/nokia770/video-idea.html