i recently updated my busybox power to busybox-power_1.20.2power1-thumb0_armel, while i wanted to change the font color i found the entry to change the value of scroll-lines which by default was 200 and i changed it to largest value something like 900000(what was i thinking never mind) as i remember, after saving it the xtreminal crashed and this is the screen error i get while i try to re-open it, i think may be the error was due to that input value i saved if anybody help me out how to revert the changes or any kind of help i will appreciate

Last edited by c4rl05; 2012-09-18 at 09:07.

Have you tried changing it back to something sane like 2000?

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Have you tried changing it back to something sane like 2000?
i wish i could but i cant because i cant get xterminal to work agin ( i mean it doesnt open it keep loading and give me that error screen)

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
There's a gui app called "gconf-editor" that I think is in extras-devel, that you can use to edit the X window settings. You can find the X-window settings under "apps"->"osso"->"xterm". Lots of other interesting settings in there too, but yeah, caution is important here.

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
you need to somehow manage to run:

gconftool -s /apps/osso/xterm/scrollback -t int 200
(I have 200 as default)

You could use filebox to patch some startup script (not in /sbin/preinit), but there must be a suitable place for that..

can you not ssh into the phone remotely?

The Following User Says Thank You to Nad For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
There's a gui app called "gconf-editor" that I think is in extras-devel, that you can use to edit the X window settings. You can find the X-window settings under "apps"->"osso"->"xterm". Lots of other interesting settings in there too, but yeah, caution is important here.
thanx gconfig saved a day, thanks to all guys who showed their effort