Notices

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sheffield
could u pls give me the instructions on installing. cheers

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
Originally Posted by krishna9349 View Post
could u pls give me the instructions on installing. cheers
mussorgsky is in the extras-devel repository.
so you have to add this first.
(i won't explain this here - just search for it ^^)

BUT: it's named "devel" because the apps there aren't meant for the enduser. they can be quite unstable and may do some damage to your device. if you do enable this repo you may want to take a look at the wiki-thread of reflashing / updating your firmware first. ^^

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Zürich, Switzerland
+1 new mussorgsky fan here :-)

Felix Rohrbach
Twitter | LinkedIn | Xing | facebook

It is a nice application but I miss a "group" feature for editing parts like the artist and the album name for more than one song with one click.
How can I contact the developer?

Originally Posted by ViciousXUSMC View Post
I know its great to how the ability to edit stuff on the device but if you have a lot to do your far better off doing it on the computer I think.

Mp3Tag is what I used to tag and add cover art to over 2000 songs before I put my stuff on the N900 and it realy really helped.

It has access to multiple tag databases, it can search cover art or let you add your own, and it does converting from tag to file name or file name to tag. Also I am converting some flac to aac for the N900 and It lets me just copy/paste the tags over making my life so much easier.
couldnt agree more

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Planet Earth
Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
It is a nice application but I miss a "group" feature for editing parts like the artist and the album name for more than one song with one click.
How can I contact the developer?
Ivan Frade
https://garage.maemo.org/users/ifrade/

https://garage.maemo.org/projects/mussorgsky/

Are albums covers images embedded in the mp3 file? Or are they just linked to the file in the media player, so that if I copy the mp3 in my pc and play it there there's no album cover?

Originally Posted by pyromaniac View Post
hmm same here .. edited one .. and the app crashed on tapping the next button .. any way to get some logs for the developer ?
Do you guys solved it?
I chmoded 777 all files, don't know if it makes sense but, it doesn't work anyway...

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gelnhausen, Germany
Hook up your N900 to any PC under Linux and edit the ID tags with EasyTag directly on the phone. That is much easier (keyboard -mouse) than fiddling about with the tiny screen, tiny keyboard and the clumsy touchscreen.

Cheerio

Paul

The Following User Says Thank You to Paul Lahner For This Useful Post:
Posts: 130 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
i just use all the regular linux cli apps in easy debian.