now we have to change the topic to: Good News....
no more bad news..

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
I'm not going to comment on what Nokia care said. I'll just state facts I know

The keyboard mat (the actual part that has the letters) can be changed. All what's needed is Nokia making one and the support for it on the hardware side.

The only thing I can offer as a software developer is the on-screen keyboard. I'm not interested in a hardware Arabic one but I'm interested in being able to type Arabic every now and then

As for the translation, I think I know someone who can do it. I'll try to poke him and see.

But that's not an official Nokia support

Originally Posted by MSameer View Post
I'm not going to comment on what Nokia care said. I'll just state facts I know

The keyboard mat (the actual part that has the letters) can be changed. All what's needed is Nokia making one and the support for it on the hardware side.

The only thing I can offer as a software developer is the on-screen keyboard. I'm not interested in a hardware Arabic one but I'm interested in being able to type Arabic every now and then

As for the translation, I think I know someone who can do it. I'll try to poke him and see.

But that's not an official Nokia support
My friend,

Since you are software devloper, you should look as well for the rest of the nokia lovers comments & needs, not only what you like or wand.

i disagree with you, on-screen arabic support is important but not less than the keyboard with arabic letters & hardware

I'm concentrating on what can be done from a software point of view. Hardware keyboard is just hardware! Nothing I can do about it.

And no, I volunteer and use my own free time to do stuff so you can't dictate what I should do with MY free time.

The Following User Says Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MSameer View Post
I'm concentrating on what can be done from a software point of view. Hardware keyboard is just hardware! Nothing I can do about it.

And no, I volunteer and use my own free time to do stuff so you can't dictate what I should do with MY free time.
thanx, & sorry 4 misunderstanding then....

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Haha.. This is good news.. I am not so much interested in the arabic hardware keyboard, since I don't use it so much. .but I would prefer using it once in a while though.. So I think using an on-screen keyboard would be perfect for me..

I totally agree with you MSameer..

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Ukeyboard is in Extras-testing and it includes Arabic virtual keyboard among many others for the price of... 20Kb. Impressive!

It needs still some testing but probably nothing that can't be done by Roman Moravcik, the community developer in charge.
Attached Images

Last edited by qgil; 2009-11-04 at 09:12.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
I gave it a try and it works. Only "problem" is you find Arabic towards the bottom in the text input control panel applet ;-)

Now I need to do nothing

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Nomad
Hebrew text input works great with ukeyboard also

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Ukeyboard is in Extras-testing and it includes Arabic virtual keyboard among many others for the price of... 20Kb. Impressive!

It needs still some testing but probably nothing that can't be done by Roman Moravcik, the community developer in charge.
That's great job

The only thing that is missed now is the device

Tags
arabic, localization, translating, translation