Now that I know you know everything about this phone, is there anything i can do to set notification leds.
the phone looks like it has two but they never flash

Originally Posted by ckeszei View Post
Now that I know you know everything about this phone, is there anything i can do to set notification leds.
the phone looks like it has two but they never flash
it has no LED's - jsut the 2 capacitive buttons either side of the physical home key. anything else you see that looks like a LED will be the front cam, proximity sensor etc.

I'm also missing my N900 LED a lot - there's a free app called noLED you can download that will put colour coded icons onto the AMOLED (while the screen is otherwise off) to notify you of missed calls, messages, email etc. The icons jump about to prevent screen burn, and you can set times for it NOT to operate to save it rnning overnight (though apparently it doesn't drain the batttery much anyway).

From what I've read it does what it says on the tin, but I haven't actually downloaded it (yet) because (a) it looks a bit naff IMO and (b) I'm still in mourning for my real N900 LED :-)

If you buy a niche, highly modifiable smartphone and proceed to mess it up by blindly screwing around, don't just blame the phone, also blame yourelf.

thanks again

i cant find the media folder for storing ringtones and notifications, do you know where they are hidden?

no idea (I am no expert, this is my 1st android phone!). Your best bet is to register with an android forum - I went to http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1346, their note sub-forum is quite helpful

If you buy a niche, highly modifiable smartphone and proceed to mess it up by blindly screwing around, don't just blame the phone, also blame yourelf.

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West Virginia
Damn, yeah strong upvote to getting over on xda-dev, they are doing some nice stuff over there... check out this video on what the Note can do, and there is a tutorial on how to setup the 3d menus etc:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JyfrD4VrHY

I'm in.

After the holiday season I will make many customizations when I get the time, and post here, loving this Superphone!

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Unbelievable. I bought a 32gb card, transferred everything onto it & now the phone won't read the avis or mp3s....What is going on? Do i have to go back to my 16gb card????

Unbelievable. I bought a 32gb card, transferred everything onto it & now the phone won't read the avis or mp3s....What is going on? Do i have to go back to my 16gb card????
And now after removing some files and re-copy it works again. Is there something weird going on. Could it be a dodgy card or worse still, a dodgy gigantophone?

And now after removing some files and re-copy it works again. Is there something weird going on. Could it be a dodgy card or worse still, a dodgy gigantophone?
Had the same issue.
I noticed the latch for the microSD is a tiny bit larger, and that the card wasn't making full contact to the port. After re-adjusting things were normal. I haven't formated it, what's the best format do you guys think?

Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
I've just got mine :-)

What a great device! I'm just amazed.

The only thing I think I dislike is that many Widgets does not yet support the whole Note width, but it's just a matter of time.

In less than 24 hours of use, I do not feel it too big anymore, only when another phone is near :-)

It's just beautiful.

Tags
android, galaxy note