I've been looking around to discover how to cut users from a network i'm not the admin of it (like cafe's wireless internet) using my n900 [windows users may know the legendary NetCut]. So i found a command used in xterm
Code:
sudo arpspoof -i [interface] -t [ip_address] [target_ip_address]
But when i typed it, it asked me for a password, so i don't know if is this password the router's password or my phone's cause i don't remember putting any passwords in my device.
Is this method working ? or is there is any other way ?

Probably sudo asking you for the password for "user". I'm not sure you are qualified to be doing this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rfeese For This Useful Post:
what is the default password for user ?

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
open xterm
Code:
root
passwd
then you can change your password to what you want.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
....this is the sudo password when you set the sudor for arpspoof. If you haven't set the sudor for it, you won't get thru no matter what.

You could just enter root to use that command, or you can set the sudor for this command.

Look at the directory under /etc/sudoers.d, take reference of other similar .sudoers and add you own, then run update-sudoers. Perform above as root, of course.

you use the root command and you wont need a sudo if youve installed rootsh

Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
I've been looking around to discover how to cut users from a network i'm not the admin of it
Dude seriously why would you want to do that?

If you're messing with a networks ARP table, then you can really mess things up, and even crash some routers to the point they have to be rebooted.

If you get caught, which will be the case if you don't understand what you're doing, you can get into a lot of trouble.

The Following User Says Thank You to jd4200 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jd4200 View Post
Dude seriously why would you want to do that?

If you're messing with a networks ARP table, then you can really mess things up, and even crash some routers to the point they have to be rebooted.

If you get caught, which will be the case if you don't understand what you're doing, you can get into a lot of trouble.
There is no messing up router at all, at least with window's netcut where you can cut users off and resuming their connections at your will, so if the command above was right and it can cut ppl off i would like to know the reverse of it.
And i don't even know if this works

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
There is no messing up router at all
So you're mucking around with ARP tables etc. Maybe you can explain how you can be so sure it doesn't mess up a router?

Posts: 302 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ England
You couldn't even change your own password

LOL.

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Captwheeto For This Useful Post:

Tags
hacking, hax!! *monitor*, no harm done, script kiddies, spoon fed