Active Topics

64 GB versions of the N9 in blue/cyan are hard to find. Some say they don't exist. Some even swap the housing themselves. NaviFirm, which gives access to Nokia's firmware server and product database has N9s in many different country and color variations, but not a single cyan 64GB listed. All the 64GB ones are either white or black.

Yet, some stores offer blue 64 GB versions, e.g.:
http://www.welectronics.com/gsm/Noki...64GB-Blue.HTML
http://www.talkthisway.de/handys/nokia-n9.html
(Choose under "Wählen Sie Ihre gewünschte Variante")

I asked Welectronics and they say they have them on stock. They have decent feedback in the forums. Talkthisway.de has been around for a long time too.

Where are they getting blue/cyan 64GB N9s from, i.e. what country version? Are those legit phones? And if they are not listed in NaviFirm doesn't that mean they're not updatable?

The cyan/magenta 64gb models DO NOT EXIST, as in NOT MANUFACTURED by Nokia... ever.

If you happen to find such products in the after market, either they're knock-off products or they're telling you of stock that doesn't exist.

Indeed, 64gb models (genuinely manufactured by Nokia) are ONLY available in black and white housings.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
They could have replaced the housing with a black or white 64gb version.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Spray(&pray) paint ??

I'm flattered

Originally Posted by rdelfin View Post
The cyan/magenta 64gb models DO NOT EXIST, as in NOT MANUFACTURED by Nokia... ever.

If you happen to find such products in the after market, either they're knock-off products or they're telling you of stock that doesn't exist.

Indeed, 64gb models (genuinely manufactured by Nokia) are ONLY available in black and white housings.
Thanks for the reply. I'm starting to believe this now - still, if you don't mind, may I ask if it's just you assuming so because you've never seen one or do you know this for a fact? If the latter, where did you get the knowledge from?

After all, there are otherwise reputable stores out there claiming, even upon specific inquiry, to have it in stock ready to ship...

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Portugal - Angola - Congo RD - United States
me too i never saw one blue 64gb..
i saw the black with 16/64gb..
and also the new white (only 64gb)

The official Nokia sites only lists black and white 64GB N9. I have also asked Nokia dealer before. Most countries, 64GB only available in black. White, in selected countries but not Asia.

So, it's either a con - they sell you the 16GB at the price of 64GB(this has happened to forum members friends) or with Cyan silicone case.

FWIW, I asked Welectronics where they get their supply from for this particular model or whether they swap cases. They confirmed it's 64 GB and said:

"It will be the ME ( Middle east ) version .
All the phones we sell are brand new and sealed . we just sell phone dont know how to fix up on any of the devices."

Not sure what to believe now. I've seen Welectronics mentioned several times in various forums and no one reported being scammed. Has anyone heard of or seen such Middle Eastern N9?

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by rdelfin View Post

It exists, just not for retail.
I've seen a few web reviews on Cyan 64GB probably supplied by Nokia.... might be some can leak to the black market

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
Originally Posted by mcdull View Post
It exists, just not for retail.
I've seen a few web reviews on Cyan 64GB probably supplied by Nokia.... might be some can leak to the black market
Those reviews are not correct... done by flunkys who haven't touched an N9 by a barge pole. I had earlier objected C-Net as well [they did the same] while writing it's review... imagine C-Net doing it!

The truth remains that Nokia NEVER manufactured a 64GB variant of N9 in any color other than Black [initially] and White [subsequently].

The talk of Welelectronics that these r ME versions is a sheer bull... all of mine came from Dubai [M/I Finland] - and no retailer there has the 64GB in Cyan.