Posts: 401 | Thanked: 724 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Italy
I posted a new release on fastsms.garage.maemo.org
I hope this could be more easy to install:
enable repository "tools"
copy file on phone and then run it with command
"dpkg -i fastsms_0.1-1_armel.deb"
Customize /opt/fastsms/inputdict.txt as you like
Run the program from menu

NOTE: inputdict.txt contains the starting dictionary for fastsms and will be read only on the first run. If you modify inputdict.txt remember to remove /opt/fastsms/dictionary.txt (if exists). This will force recreating dictionary!!!

ChangeLog:
A lots from previous release...

Note:
"to" buttons are still not working. You have to remember the phone number :P

Thank you to all

Hello Guys!
This is my first post
I'm working on an application similar to VertSms but with a system like to T9 for inserting text. I wrote it using QT 4.6.2, Qt Mobility and using Qt Creator 1.3.83
I tested the app via QT creator on N900 with MADDE and all works fine but i have a (big) problem: after all day looking for a solution i am still unable to create a working debian-package for install it on N900 as standalone app.
I can create the package and install it with mad remote and the icon is displayed in menu, but when i press it nothing happen!

If someone can put me in right direction...

PS I already follow instructions in http://wiki.maemo.org/MADDE/Packaging and many more but no one works for me.

Thank you!

Last edited by realsportcars; 2010-06-05 at 00:34.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to realsportcars For This Useful Post:
PPS: if I try to start application in XTerm i get "Permission denied". This happen also after sudo gainroot command.

Little update:
Permission denied error resolved with chmod x+a (I have a lot to study about unix system) and now the app works fine from command line, but still nothing happen when i click on the icon

i have also a question: how i can create executable file already with right permissions when i package application?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
keep it up buddy, you can do it I'll vote for it when it arrived in the extra and stable.

THANK YOU! THIS WOULD BE AMAZING!

You should merge your work with Vertsms. They will help you with:

1- Saving sent messages to conversations properly
2- Receiving delivery reports
3- General bugfixing

If you both could mix your programs, that would be best for everyone!

THANK YOU!

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
chmod +x should be enough to make the desktop file work.

In the spirit of open source though, wouldn't this be better if the extra features were merged with VertSMS (take twitter clients as an example, there's a lot of them but none of them are perfect, each one misses something from the other)

Hope I made my point clear
(For the record, I'm not the dev of VertSMS)

The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 190 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Bavaria, Germany
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
chmod +x should be enough to make the desktop file work.

In the spirit of open source though, wouldn't this be better if the extra features were merged with VertSMS (take twitter clients as an example, there's a lot of them but none of them are perfect, each one misses something from the other)

Hope I made my point clear
(For the record, I'm not the dev of VertSMS)
To make my point also clear:
Merging this, gvSMS, vertsms, vertsms.ru, www2sms, Web2SMS, WebTexter and whatever may also exist into one would also be great

(Already prepared code for that idea)

@maxximuscool: thank you!!!

@BN900: I can't cause vertsms is writed in python and i don't know that language At the start i want to collaborate on that program but when i saw python i close it asap :P
However using qt mobility will auto-manage conversation properly as it was writed in sms standard application!

Another update: the app now start also from the icon but http://wiki.maemo.org/MADDE/Packaging contains some errors where explains how to create .desktop file

However i will commit on repo as soon as i will get the invitation from garage's admin

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Not necessarily-- remember: one of the strengths of the open model is that there is (very) strong and healthy competition, so the best tech usually ends up winning out. If everyone works on the same project, they'll usually all have the same ideas - and new ideas won't be so easy to introduce.

If there are features/ideas which are missing from an app that you use, report them to the author - if the author ignores them without good reason, then you are probably using the wrong app.

The Following User Says Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
@MohammadAG,gri: I know it but as said before im using Qt Mobility API that few days ago doesn't exists (or so i know) and i have to say that using this API gave a lot of help