I asked the rep when I might expect to receive the 770 I ordered in mid November and was told that they will only be released on January 6th. When I mentioned that the 770 was available for sale at the local CompUSA, he intimated that there were units at the warehouse but a decision was made (presumably by Nokia) to not release them prior to January 6th.
Yes, I know I can simply cancel my order and purchase a 770 from CompUSA but I cannot justify paying $90 more for the unit (I applied the $50 Salvage 09 coupon to my order).

I too had a Nokiausa.com order and cancelled it. The reason for me was mainly so I could get the two year TAP plan from Compusa. There is a good chance that this thing will be dropped in the next two years and getting an updated one will be nice.

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
I went to Compusa to better understand what you are saying. I found that TAP stands for Technology Assurance Plan, but all I saw were service plans for repair and so on.

You seem to be saying that if the 770 is "dropped" as a product by Nokia, Compusa will give you the new model that replaces it.

I don't see anything like that, and I probably misunderstood you. Can you amplify your remark and tell us what the provisions of the 2-year TAP are?

I ask even though I have a Nokia-sold 770 because I'm likely to purchase a second one in January or February.

Roger

i think he means in 2 years he can "drop it" "break his 770" and have compUSA eplace it for free.... if at that time they dont sell the 770 then he gets the newest model for free

-Chuck

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
Thanks. Dropping MY 770 is so unthinkable that I, uh, couldn't think of that as what was meant.