Active Topics

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by alfmar View Post
They just don't want you to feel a prolonged pain in the asss using a reetarded Android system while waiting for the official SFOS release.
Well, you don't have to start it.

The Following User Says Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
I personally know couple Community Beta members, yes they have all signed NDA's, they are community members, they can choose themselfs if they want to tell that they belong in this group, there are CBeta members on this forum here on TMO, if I remember correctly there are about 20(?) members there.

Not 100% sure about last point tho.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to eekkelund For This Useful Post:
Posts: 111 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hong Kong
Sony has great accessories, smart case combine with hall sensor, active noise canceling earphone. Hope Sailfish support them

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to michaelmhk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Paraguay
Bought a Xperia X today, waiting for it and the release of Sailfish OS image. Exited to have a Sailfish OS powered phone

Enviado desde mi D6503 mediante Tapatalk

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meloferz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 88 | Thanked: 411 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ southern Italy
Originally Posted by meloferz View Post
Enviado desde mi Xperia X mediante Tapailfish

BTW, today Jolla SDK 1707 was released. Wondering if Xperia X features made their way into it...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to alfmar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
BTW, today Jolla SDK 1707 was released. Wondering if Xperia X features made their way into it...
The SDK version 1707 is based on the upcoming SailfishOS version 2.1.1 which has been released to early adopters of Jolla 1, C and the tablet.

What do you mean by Xperia X features? Apart from drivers I doubt there would be any specific features.

These drivers are only included with the specific device build. Also keep in mind that SDK and tablet is x86, Jolla 1 and C is arm whereas the Xperia X is based on the arm64 architecture.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LouisDK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 88 | Thanked: 411 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ southern Italy
For example, Xperia X has NFC hardware (libQt5Nfc is shipped). Also, the "Xperia X" string is found in both VDI images (mersdk.vdi and sailfishos.vdi) of the SDK.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alfmar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
For example, Xperia X has NFC hardware (libQt5Nfc is shipped). Also, the "Xperia X" string is found in both VDI images (mersdk.vdi and sailfishos.vdi) of the SDK.
Well. That makes sense since development versions of 2.1.1 was the first build shown on Xperia X, but I still doubt you'll find any Xperia X exclusive features on SDK 1707 not to be released for other Jolla devices

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LouisDK For This Useful Post:
A community port is unlikely to happen soon. hybris needs to be re-based to compile on AOSP for sony xperia x instead of CM. Hopefully Jolla will release an updated version of hybris that supports this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to one_with_linux For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by one_with_linux View Post
A community port is unlikely to happen soon. hybris needs to be re-based to compile on AOSP for sony xperia x instead of CM. Hopefully Jolla will release an updated version of hybris that supports this.
This doesnt need to be done by jolla, and can be done yourself. The patches for the hybris-13 branch are applicable and can be ported to an aosp branch.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x