Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by ciaps View Post
Hello,

just found about this! Sorry if I didn't read the 63 pages so probably it has already been asked.... wouldn't it possible to have a tablet with 3g support?
It has been cancelled for now... But if initial WiFi all goes well we will consider putting that back (but seems there is not much usage with the 3G modem)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Is the red of the tablet the same as the Jolla poppy/coral red? From the IGG campaign, the two pictures below show different colors so I'm not sure which one to trust:

https://c1.iggcdn.com/indiegogo-medi...hyjxafxfrc.jpg
https://c1.iggcdn.com/indiegogo-medi...w9wpzh7xgw.jpg

This will decide whether I keep my red bundle, or if I go for a black one instead.
TBH I can't see much difference... I would say the second one will be closer

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Sadface. I liked that pink-reddish color so much. I'll think it through before deciding if I want to change my bundle for the black one. If I do, the only way to do so is to ask in IGG comments like someone already did?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
It has been cancelled for now... But if initial WiFi all goes well we will consider putting that back (but seems there is not much usage with the 3G modem)
Ah, so it was already in the indiegogo campaign? How much was the cost to back this up?
Btw I am baffled by your reported lack of interest.

The Following User Says Thank You to ciaps For This Useful Post:
Sadface. I liked that pink-reddish color so much. I'll think it through before deciding if I want to change my bundle for the black one. If I do, the only way to do so is to ask in IGG comments like someone already did?
Yes it will be possible. If you could leave a comment/message with your order ID then I will arrange shipping with black instead of red.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ciaps View Post
Ah, so it was already in the indiegogo campaign? How much was the cost to back this up?
Btw I am baffled by your reported lack of interest.
Actually if you look back for the feedback, there wasn't that much of interest... And also there will be some SW work for the 3G.

Last edited by chenliangchen; 2017-07-08 at 22:38.

Originally Posted by indie carmayne View Post
You should be able to change the colour (or any other detail, like shipping adress or payment information) on your Indiegogo page as long as the miggy hasn't been shipped and the price stays the same. If you want to add something or go for a higher tier you could always do so if if you pay the surplus amount. Keep in mind that the deadline for such changes is that they must be efective BEFORE SHIPPING. No changes any more if the shipment has left the warehouse!
The only options available are "refund your order" and "edit" to my shipping address. I ordered a 32GB black because the 64GB was red only. So it's not just a color swap, not same price. I suppose I could cancel outright, and order again...but then I'll be low on the order list. Probably won't matter, but might.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
You can be sure that you'll receive strong support in that task from TMO. Most people still alive here are here either to complain about Jolla (but doing so because, even though they regret the death of Meego, they actually like Jolla for being the only company to successfully offer an alternative) or because they still miss their N900/N9 and cry fortnightly when they remember the Lauta concept. And as niche as TMO can be, it shows a need.

I've read in the previous pages that, unfortunately, you think something compact as the N9 or Jolla would not be possible with today's hardware. That's a bit sad, I think it would really make sense for a HW-keyboard smartphone to have a 4.5" screen (after all the screen estate is not 40% obstructed by a touch keyboard) and it would keep it under the brick-size threshold even though it'd come with a keyboard, but I bet the device would still be widely acclaimed here even it had to be bigger than that. I'm eagerly looking forward to see (and order) what you'll come up with. Please keep up the great work.

And now look at me dreaming about a digitizer/stylus on top of the keyboard and Lauta form factor, even though I know it's even more unlikely.
It's all about budget... Making a smaller device nowadays is much more expensive than the mainstream size.

We can't achieve 100% satisfied at one step, but but if we can improve one by one, eventually it might be achieved.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Hello - I am new to this forum but hope my questions have not been answered elsewhere.

1. Does the new Youyota tablet allow booting the OS from the SD-card ?

2. Does the Youyota allow to boot the OS from a usb-connected storage device ?

3. Does the Youyota support a usb keyboard via the usb-otg connector ?

4. Are there limitations as to which android applications can run on sailfish OS ?

Thanks for anyone who can clarify these points !
Laetitia

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to canteene For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I can't tell for sure about the three first questions (although I think there's no support for booting something else than the internal Sailfish at the moment, but it was said that efforts are made to open the bootloader), but I suppose any Android application not requiring Andriod >4.4.4 should run.

There may be some functionality limitations here and there depending on DRM requirements (I'm having that issue with Molotov on Jolla C for instance) or unsupported features (I don't know if the Jolla and Youyota tablets have support for ad-hoc WiFi for instance, and some Android applications need to connect to sport cameras for instance). Are there other limitations related to the architecture?

Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
We can't achieve 100% satisfied at one step, but but if we can improve one by one, eventually it might be achieved.
The only thing my brain can read from this message is you have a long term vision about the Sailfish devices that you could produce. And knowing what kind of devices you have in mind for the first steps (trying to revive the Lauta concept and HW keyboard devices despite what the mainstream phones currently are), I can tell that hype is real.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2017-07-08 at 23:46.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os