Active Topics

Poll: Which OS would you like to have on your next smartphone?
Poll Options
Which OS would you like to have on your next smartphone?

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ India
I am a maemo user, hope it helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to niloy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 218 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Abu Dhabi , UAE
Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
It would be intertesting to know how many users have downloaded the CSSU?
If the stable version released, then we will know,and yes that would be interesting
Originally Posted by niloy View Post
I am a maemo user, hope it helps.
Well, I don't know.Maybe it does, maybe it didn't.Depending on your purpose.

Last edited by govprog; 2011-03-06 at 19:41.

seems too many people from here like to criticise others too frequently. Im certainly no maemo expert. But I really like the N900, its become my comfy slippers and replaced my laptop for 90percent of my daily usage. I would love for it to continue, but have to be honest that if meego offers as much useability for me and is supported by whoever, then I will possibly jump ship at some point. I can see this forum at times becoming too critical of noobs (still class myself as one, and always will compared to many genius' on here, without whom my maemo experience would have been dire), and too critical of anyone whose opinion on whatever subject it be doesnt conform to an obviously unwrtten maemo law somewhere by a few. When I brought my N900s, I wasnt under the impression it would ever be supported infinitely, or get flash 10, or become the meaning of life. Its an awesome device, ultimately we could all live without (how ever farfetched that may seem), and this community has been the making of the device in my opinion. If this place does vanish over night it would be a huge shame, but I feel the whinging and criticism of an increasing number will speed its demise

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to the dark knight For This Useful Post:
It really depend on the user if he/she is happy with meamo. For me I say i will continue being a meamo user with or without nokia's help. Im still looking forward on what more can n900 do.

The community however. I can see that they are still working for more discoveries.

I cannot blame for those people who got tired of n900 so I say will just have to wait for what will happen in the future.

As for your question i Don't find it offending. Although you still didn't give me a simple way on how you did with the hawx game. hehe.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Garcel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 381 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by govprog View Post
No,I am looking for a excuse about my worry that whether the debian will extinct or not.
Debian is one of the oldest linux distributions and was already old and mature when N900 came. And it will be around for long after the N900, so no need to worry about that.

I also believe there will be some sort of communitysupport as long as the phone can survive mechanically. Those fashinpeople who cares about nokia support, upgrades and such stuff will ofcourse dissapear very fast. And leave behind a core of very intelligent and knowledgeable people, that thinks the N900 is unique.

Compare it to Nokias real communicators (Not e90) who had communitysupport for many years after they were dropped by nokia. And in some extent to commodore C64 and Amiga, who still has plenty of communitysupport despite the fact that they are homecomputers that havent been manufactured in 30years.

However, even if you were the last N900 user on earth, you could still get plenty of help from knowledgeable Debian users...

The Following User Says Thank You to electroaudio For This Useful Post:
Posts: 155 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Jordan
Hmm..you could have added a poll to this subject..but you still wouldn't have a true way of knowing though..

Last edited by SavageBrat; 2011-03-06 at 11:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to SavageBrat For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
I have 7.3 Maemo users.

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Abu Dhabi , UAE
Originally Posted by SavageBrat View Post
Hmm..you could have added a poll to this subject..but you still wouldn't have a true way of knowing though..
Now added a poll.
But just one side note:when I said maemo/meego I also meant any similar operating systems too(debian or meego alike(I think meego is fedora based if I am not wrong.))

Samsung Galaxy S2-Meego next autumn.

i can honestly say, ive never owned a better device than n900

its great to be able to fully customize it and do hacks which other phones can't so i would stick with maemo. It would be pointless getting an android as apps from android are coming to n900 anyway