Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by wwweagle View Post
And the MAFW POSITION 0 thing goes forever...And I never hear a sound. My Media Player works fine. Other 3rd party media player like panucci also works fine. Doesn't seem to me like a hardware problem. Got any idea?

OK I see it's a MAFW issue and other people get this after 20 songs or so... I only wish I got 20 songs first...
I hate to sound like windows but have you tried resetting/rebooting the phone? That output seems to imply it's having trouble initiating the MAFW connection or something.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Yeah, just the PyQt4 stuff is what would be great if I could throw most of it on a SD card.

I'll ask around to see how this could be done.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
So I need all of this junk.

python-pyside.qtcore, python-pyside.qtgui, python-pyside.qtnetwork, python-pyside.qtwebkit, python-gobject, python-gst0.10

Could you possibly give me an example of how to download one of these, unpack it, and then symlink it to my memory card?

Then I could just do it for the rest of them.

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
I hate to sound like windows but have you tried resetting/rebooting the phone? That output seems to imply it's having trouble initiating the MAFW connection or something.
Maybe. I was able to set up a temporary gateway to bypass the proxy server, pyRadio works just fine despite some errors in the term. I'd say MY python https proxy server implementation is barely ok for text data but not enough to interface media stream to MAFW. However when I switch back to http protocal the authentication always fails, and I haven't got enough time dig into it.

I wonder is there anyone who had played music in pyRadio through a proxy? I can't decide whether my proxy server or the python-MAFW mechanism is causing my problem.

Good work anyway.

Originally Posted by DrKlaw View Post
Hello,

I find that my install only authenticates if I delete my config file and re-enter my credentials. the next time I open it I get this, and it hangs on "Authenticating as...":

RX-51
PANDORA: Loading key from file "/opt/pyRadio/libpiano/key_in"
PANDORA: Loading key from file "/opt/pyRadio/libpiano/key_out"
Error calling slot "auth"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/pyRadio/pyRadio.py", line 211, in auth
authenticated = self.player.auth( self.c.user, self.c.password )
File "/opt/pyRadio/radioplayer.py", line 87, in auth
self.pandora.sync()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'sync'
('found new MAFW renderer %s', 'Mafw-Gst-Renderer')
using MAFW Gst-Renderer
Radio Started.
MAFW PROPERTY RECEIVED 6092320 volume 6803688 <ctypes.LP__GError object at 0x447c5e90>
volume 28

anyone else see this?
Yep.. Get the same thing. This is after I exited pyRadio via the X in the upper right corner. It'll just sit there on the Authenticating screen and to go any further on startup. Sometimes I can exit with X and start it over and it'll work fine other times I have to reboot.

This leads to a question. What's the proper way to exit pyRadio if the X isn't and is causing this condition?

RX-51
self.pandora.sync()
using MAFW Gst-Renderer
MAFW PROPERTY RECEIVED 5905952 volume 6246152 <ctypes.LP__GError object at 0x447c5e90>
volume 28
Radio Started.

The Following User Says Thank You to gawga_boy For This Useful Post:
Got a suggestion for an enhancement. If there's room somewhere on the interface it would be nice to see what Radio Station the currently playing selection is from when you're in QuickMix mode.

The Following User Says Thank You to gawga_boy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Rhode Island
Originally Posted by gawga_boy View Post
Yep.. Get the same thing. This is after I exited pyRadio via the X in the upper right corner. It'll just sit there on the Authenticating screen and to go any further on startup. Sometimes I can exit with X and start it over and it'll work fine other times I have to reboot.

This leads to a question. What's the proper way to exit pyRadio if the X isn't and is causing this condition?

RX-51
self.pandora.sync()
using MAFW Gst-Renderer
MAFW PROPERTY RECEIVED 5905952 volume 6246152 <ctypes.LP__GError object at 0x447c5e90>
volume 28
Radio Started.
I fixed my install by having the shortcut call a script that first deletes the contents of the /home/user/.config/pyradio directory and then calls /opt/pyRadio/pyRadio.py. Additionally, so I wouldn't have to enter my credentials each time, I hard-coded them in pyRadio.py. For some reason, the code path that executes when the config is missing avoids this error.

Last edited by DrKlaw; 2011-12-25 at 22:47. Reason: clarity

hey guys i just got my n900 ans im trying to figure out how to get pyradio working. I installed the app but when i go to run it, it show a black screen then the app shuts down and goes back to my desktop. do i need some other app to run this?

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
It usually works very well.

1. Make sure you are connected to the internet before starting it.
2. If it still fails, uninstall, reinstall, restart phone, then try.

Originally Posted by hit marker View Post
hey guys i just got my n900 ans im trying to figure out how to get pyradio working. I installed the app but when i go to run it, it show a black screen then the app shuts down and goes back to my desktop. do i need some other app to run this?
Make sure you are installing the one from Devel (standard eat your cat disclaimer here). The app in testing and Extras is currently broken. I have promoted devel to testing (didn't realize I never promoted 4.7) and that will appear in Extras Testing shortly but it will be at least another 10 days before I can promote to extras.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:

Tags
bad tags, good tags, pyradio