Notices

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by earthwings View Post
[...] and shentey is still waiting for his upload rights to be granted to be able to upload packages to extras-devel (seems the old system got a bit rusty).
That's incorrect. We fixed that 2 days ago and I'm waiting for his further reports on whether it works or not for him now. I also was waiting months*) after I initially granted upload permissions and mailed him that stuff might be partially broken and thus probably needs further action according to what doesn't work yet, based on his feedback.

Sidenote: you never basically upload pkgs to extras-devel, you upload to autobuilder (or rather drop), and autobuilder creates the binaries from your source and should propagate them to extras-devel after successful build. I already remarked that this propagation also is broken atm and you need to ping merlin1991 to do it manually.

/j

*) only one month, not <plural>:
http://privatepaste.com/5a4ed4fa93

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-07-27 at 23:23.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
*) only one month, not <plural>:
http://privatepaste.com/5a4ed4fa93
I just checked my mails and verified that I never received this mail. As a result of how things appeared to me, I got the wrong impression that there is not a big interest in the N900/Maemo any more. It was only until Earthwings suggested by chance to ask for help in the #maemo channel for getting this thing rolling again. But in the end, I'm happy to have uploaded a new version of Marble successfully with the help of the Maemo community, esp joerg_rw.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to shentey For This Useful Post:
Version 1.5.5-1 is out which is an important bugfix release for the N900. In particular, some annoying GUI freezes due to network access were resolved.

The packages are now in extras-devel and are waiting for your votes such that they can propagate to the stable repositories, reaching a wider audience. So if the update works fine for you and you've got a spare minute, please vote for:

Be reminded to not update "MoNav routing daemon" when you enable the extras-devel repository, because it's incompatible with Marble.

Enjoy!

\shentey

Last edited by shentey; 2013-09-01 at 22:12. Reason: Packages are in extras-devel

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to shentey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Gratefully installed. Thanks. Casual testing no show stoppers.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by shentey View Post
The packages are now in extras-devel and are waiting for your votes such that they can propagate to the stable repositories, reaching a wider audience. So if the update works fine for you and you've got a spare minute, please vote for:
You need to promote them to extras-testing repository before anyone can vote

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 535 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Karlsruhe, Germany
Works fine here
Both package have been promoted to extras-testing now, please vote here:

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to earthwings For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
I've been out of the loop from this package's progress so long now, but I'm extremely glad to see it has been ongoing. I need to someday catch up on the whole thread, for now I'll say I'm glad, very, that Marble keeps getting updates and uploads here for Maemo. Ever since last summer I've not been a position to be donating, but when I next will be, people responsible will be getting money thrown at them.

I'm a bit saddened that it seems earthwings had to step back from maintaining this, but I understand life happens, and am thankful shentey has come to take over, or whatever exactly has happened (Like I said, I need to catch up on the thread. I'm around a hundred posts behind).

Originally Posted by shentey View Post
Be reminded to not update "MoNav routing daemon" when you enable the extras-devel repository, because it's incompatible with Marble.
Actually, I have the latest Marble and MoNav Daemon from devel installed at the same time right now and they seem to work perfectly together (installed fine, detected fine, downloaded a map of Florida through the config menu for it fine, routing seems to be working beautifully). Maybe since this was true changes in Marble upstream made it compatible with the newer MoNav as well? I can test more if people tell me what usecases to test.

As an aside, I would really love it if there was a way to select all (or to make the feature more useful for regular users, more generally allow multi-selection at each level of map categorization) of the MoNav routing maps for download at once. Then I could just select everything at once, launch the download, and go to sleep of something, have it ready in the morning, for instance. (Failing that, can someone tell me how to manually do whatever Marble/MoNav do to install the maps, so I can automate it in a shell script or something?)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
has anyone been able to set home location using ui? if so, how do i do it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Ever since last summer I've not been a position to be donating, but when I next will be, people responsible will be getting money thrown at them.
I can't wait to become very rich!

Actually, I have the latest Marble and MoNav Daemon from devel installed at the same time right now and they seem to work perfectly together (installed fine, detected fine, downloaded a map of Florida through the config menu for it fine, routing seems to be working beautifully).
As I've learned, there is no need for you to activate the extras-devel repository. Before I can ask you to vote for the packages, it's my job to promote the package to extras-testing where the mentioned MoNav package isn't present. So just treat that as false alarm

As an aside, I would really love it if there was a way to select all (or to make the feature more useful for regular users, more generally allow multi-selection at each level of map categorization) of the MoNav routing maps for download at once. Then I could just select everything at once, launch the download, and go to sleep of something, have it ready in the morning, for instance.
Please add feature requests in our bug tracker. Thanks!

(Failing that, can someone tell me how to manually do whatever Marble/MoNav do to install the maps, so I can automate it in a shell script or something?)
All available MoNav routing maps for Marble are listed here: http://files.kde.org/marble/newstuff/maps-monav.xml Just pick the .tar.gz files you desire and extract them in ~/MyDocs/.local/share/marble/maps . Afterwards, they should be recognized by Marble, such that you should even see within the Marble GUI if updates are available.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shentey For This Useful Post:
Voting is finished, the packages are now in Extras for general consumption. Big thanks to everybody who voted!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shentey For This Useful Post:

Tags
marble, nokia n900