Active Topics

Originally Posted by fffffred View Post
There is a mirror app, try install that and test to see if the front facing camera actually is working first. There's not many other applications for the front facing camera. Health check can also test it, but only takes a photo, whereas mirror app turns it on.
i installed mirror app...only a black screen...does it mean my front camera is not working?

i got 2 connections..3G sim card and a home wifi ...tried form both....not able to send my video....call disconnects when i tap camera option in skype.

The Following User Says Thank You to legendracer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 270 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Bosnia and Herzegovina
Do you have any problem using rear camera? If not, then probably you have ribbon cable without front camera.

The Following User Says Thank You to dzano For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by RichardN900 View Post
I tought ADs on skype and other annoyances are not part of Skype or VOIP protocol, that's just junk that comes with the program.
It's more complicated - Skype doesn't use VoIP protocol, it use propertiary, closed version of something like p2p network and voip bundled together. At anytime, there may be (and is) shitload of data flowing through your machine, tunneled by skype. Considering many direct failures with user privacy Skype had (storing ID's of motherboards without informing user, etc), and past of Skype original creator (spyware in original kaaza), + fact that skype is designed in clever way, that, above everything else, deny possibility to check what it *really* does, I'm surprised that anyone with at least single working brain cell is using it.

Google for "silver needle in the skype" for more technical info.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dzano View Post
Do you have any problem using rear camera? If not, then probably you have ribbon cable without front camera.

no problem with rear camera...

what do you mean by, ribbon cable without front camera? can i rectify it?
i need video call by skype on my N900. kindly help someone. has been a long time guys...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dzano For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dzano View Post
Ribbon with FAKE camera

Ribbon with REAL camera

Does it work with Mirror app?
installed mirror app..only black screen. so it means i got a fake ribbon cable. can i get it done at nokia priority dealer? i fear, as this is an old phone, would they be able to repair it?

I'm not 100% sure..it's just a possibility. Check THIS thread out, you can do it your self.

The Following User Says Thank You to dzano For This Useful Post:
They actually sell ribbons with fake cameras for N900? 0_o gotta love these guys...
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
i got no option to DIY way. i fear to give to nokia guys as im almost sure of their stupidity here.
so missing video calls in my n900..damn it. when software cant help, it should be hardware trouble. mirror app gives a black screen.. should be damaged ribbon for front camera.

thanks a lot to all for giving tips.

it has been a year since my n900 is left in cupboard. its slide strip, ribbon isnt working. where can i get it done? Not a DIY guy. but if no option will try.

i hope i can it back on track with someone's help...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to legendracer For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n900, video call