Posts: 13 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Bangalore, India
Thanks for the reply "ajalkane". would like to provide some more help in this to take this forward.

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by getvasanth View Post
Is anyone working on QtCreator to deploy Qt5 app on the Device (N9).
instead of having the scratch box.

Edit: I need some pointers, From where I have to start. Hope Interested people can join or, I can join them.
I think I have commented on this in this thread already.

But a little recap: to get deploying working inside QtCreator that ships with Harmattan's SDK, you would need to create a custom plugin for QtCreator that can handle Qt5. Later QtCreator versions might have some more robust options to make this happen without creating a custom plugin, but I have not looked into it.

Haven't actually tried Qt5 yet but wanted to ask a couple of things out of interest.
1. After installing Qt5 on scratchbox SDK environment, how do you select which version (4/5) to compile against? Using inline exports for each command aimed for Qt5? Care to give a couple of command line examples on building same app on Qt4 and Qt5.
2. Can Qt5 apps be tested locally on x86 build using Xephyr?
3. Can you use libmeegotouch with Qt5? I suppose it's built against Qt4.

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by sviox View Post
Haven't actually tried Qt5 yet but wanted to ask a couple of things out of interest.
1. After installing Qt5 on scratchbox SDK environment, how do you select which version (4/5) to compile against? Using inline exports for each command aimed for Qt5? Care to give a couple of command line examples on building same app on Qt4 and Qt5.
To compile with Qt5 you just make sure Qt5's qmake is used, for example put it to PATH as first:

export PATH=/opt/qt5/bin:$PATH

Then compile as usual.

I have some instructions in README in:
https://github.com/harmattan/helloqt5

Though on first look some of it may be a bit off (I can't test now), but should help getting started. The biggest issue is of course that I wouldn't recommend using the community repos as the Qt5 version there is out-of-date (some beta version of Qt5).

2. Can Qt5 apps be tested locally on x86 build using Xephyr?
3. Can you use libmeegotouch with Qt5? I suppose it's built against Qt4.
I haven't tried these. I'd imagine Xephyr works with the usual caveat of running the application so that it's instructed to use Qt5. I'd expect problems with libmeegotouch as Qt5 is not binary compatible with Qt4.

Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
I haven't tried these. I'd imagine Xephyr works with the usual caveat of running the application so that it's instructed to use Qt5. I'd expect problems with libmeegotouch as Qt5 is not binary compatible with Qt4.
So basically, this means that you need to create your own look and feel for the app using Qt5 basic controls via QML.

Is it possible to statically link the Qt modules (QtWebkit included) to the app so that it can be delivered in Nokia Store?

Also, does the Mobility APIs work in Qt5?