Closed Thread
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Urgs... Heineken is pure bliss. Sorry, i meant piss. But every beer in the states costs more. I don't have to throw 10 bucks to the cashier for a six-pack in DE (and don't have to present an (IN-STATE!) ID, but that's a different issue).

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Oh great. So that means WP7 will invariably be compared to something only Americans buy... the SUV-phone or cheeseburger-phone.

Diabetes phone?
Wallmart-phone?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
Lumiaman, I mean this as friendly advice. You really need to lay off the Lumia propaganda, why do you do it?
Everthing you post doesn't make any sense.

You post a list of service plan only bestsellers then suggest that it's disadvantaged because it's only on a service plan. Does this make sense to you?

You say that if you combine colours it would be first place yet have no evidence of it, you also overlook the fact that the Black Galaxy SII is above the black Lumia 900 and the White Galaxy SII is above the Cyan Lumia 900. Does that mathematically make sense to you?

I understand that you are out to try and promote Lumias but stop and think for a second, why you are doing it and whether your idea to promote it overtakes your common sense. I mean this as friendly advice.
did i say they are in first place? I said close. Reread my post before misinterpreting what i said. You don't make any sense.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
you have no sense, at all, lumish*t

i would like to add to what Gerbick said that iPhone did provide a unique experience with, at the time, beautiful interface. Nothing came close to it at the time. I remember Nokia executives dreading about the implications, yet choosing not to attack, but deliver Taliban devices.

The Germans I met, waving their.iPhones, dismissed Nokia as a lost Dinosaur. No one cares there about Nokia phones. Its become a.class issue in europe. Well to do have iPhones, and not so well to do have Nokia's.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
You still didn't say WHERE. I bet you went only to the "westside". And btw: enough businesses still issue Nokia Symbian-based phones, amongst BB's. Why? If you need a _reliable workhorse_ for being able to CALL.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-04-23 at 18:26.

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
...And Nokia decided to go Windows 8 for their new upcoming tablet. This is going to be a joy to watch as it nosedives RIGHT into the same junkpile the Zune ended up.

Windows 8 tablets: Not open for business
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/networking...-business/2261

From his Google+ comment about his article:
"You know, I really don't care for Windows 8 much, but as I explained in this story I did see it having one spot where it might shine: On business tablets where Active Directory (AD) support would make it a natural for Windows shops and for companies that are taking a jaundiced view of the whole "bring your own device" (BYOD) movement. Well, guess what MSFT isn't putting in its tablets? AD. "

"Amazing."
You must be the biggest troll of all. This is actually worse than Ahonen. At least Ahonen is a raving lunatic, and does not pretend to be anything else, but this "article" is pure nonsense. I could easily purchase the cheapest Android phone running gingerbread I found and started arguing that ICS does not exist, and never will, because this phone does not run ICS. And then I should end it saying Android is doomed.

I don't like Win8 either, but please!!!

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
The Germans I met, waving their.iPhones, dismissed Nokia as a lost Dinosaur. No one cares there about Nokia phones. Its become a.class issue in europe. Well to do have iPhones, and not so well to do have Nokia's.
The chance that you've met many Germans is zilch.
I have partners in Germany (2 locations), Poland, France and Switzerland with roughly 100 employees total and not one iPhone. Oh, I actually go there just like China (6-12 times per year to Asia). Did I mention that out of 20+ employees in China not one has an iPhone? Nokia dominates with Android second and domestic phones third (advantageous as most can accomodate 2 SIMs).

Lumiaman, you are just a troll. Some fatass, Big Mac-eating embarrassment for whom US folks who travel often have to apologize.

Can't someone ban a poster who never does anything but troll?

Originally Posted by Mize View Post
The chance that you've met many Germans is zilch.
I have partners in Germany (2 locations), Poland, France and Switzerland with roughly 100 employees total and not one iPhone. Oh, I actually go there just like China (6-12 times per year to Asia). Did I mention that out of 20+ employees in China not one has an iPhone? Nokia dominates with Android second and domestic phones third (advantageous as most can accomodate 2 SIMs).

Lumiaman, you are just a troll. Some fatass, Big Mac-eating embarrassment for whom US folks who travel often have to apologize.

Can't someone ban a poster who never does anything but troll?
In Germany, we have many guys with iPhones, but many more with Android (the latter is 95 % of my friend circle). And almost all of them say: "Nokia? Wasn't it bankrupt and bought by Microsoft?" and similar jokes... Having a N9 is feeling lonely here...

Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen