Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
Hi,
Nokia N9 is oficially present in the products page of Nokia.Br (Brazil) :
http://www.nokia.com.br/produtos/celulares/nokia-n9
Brazil was not listed in the Nokia N9 web page, so I think that list of countries does not say UK, EUA, France, etc, will not have Nokia N9.
Updated info : today I talked to a Nokia Store employee in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) and he told me that the Nokia N9 will be available in September to pre-order (probably with some gift) and in October to normal sales.

So, it's no sense to think Nokia will restrict the sales of N9 in some countries.

Regards,

Roberto

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Europe
In other news, Fast Company:

"Part homage and part heresy, Nokia’s N9 could conceivably win converts even from a die-hard iOS crowd -- if anyone ever hears about it."

http://www.fastcodesign.com/1664347/...in-smartphones

Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
Like I said Android is not my preferred OS I'd prefer meego or maemo. I've had a few freezes since I bought it on 4/20 but I'm watching the Cyanogen mod 7 thread and they've pretty much eliminated a lot of bugs and increased the flexibility of the OS.
Great, you have to resort to mods to get experience that you should expect to have out of a box.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Relax. He is 13 years old.
more like I was kidding and people took it to seriously.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Can you explain how having a thread thousands of messages long, with virtually everyone on this site commenting, constitutes 'ignoring' the problem?
Unlock the damn poll, or remove it, start anew.

The ignoring part is that folks tend to quickly say "Didn't happen to me." like that was the solution.

They were just lucky. For such a "perfect" little computer in your pocket, it has some serious, blaring flaws. And I refuse to buy a ****ing desktop charger and extra battery to go with me for travel. I already carry enough stuff. That's one less plug and possible air security issue to worry about.

That is also "ignoring" the problem.

Now... what I don't get is why the vitriol if you think it's solved. It's not. I had two pull out on me. Texrat has been through three (I think). And the next ****ing nerd that says "Didn't happen to me..." like it's my fault, that's ignoring it.

What part of that do you not comprehend? I don't mind using smaller words since you're incapable of understanding larger concepts; especially when it's a huge manufacturing flaw that was not really fixed due to how the microUSB was affixed (cheaply) in the first place for such a high priced phone.

Get angry at me all you want. It's Nokia's fault to fix.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
Just ignore that gerbick dude, he is getting older and grumpier each day. Soon there is no difference between him and that danramos clown.
Care to ever answer any of my prior questions or do you wish to toss more insults my way? Ever thought I just get a tad bit perturbed when I'm confronted by a person incapable of answering one serious question?

Gerbick: I'm getting the N900, it's the new iPhone - dang... and then, I'm getting the first WP, it is the new iPhone - dang. and - MeeGo, the new iOS - dang.
Aw dang. You got me. Guess I need to find a new job where I don't get the new toys and see what they're worth as a viable option.

Oh wait... I'm actually typing this on a WP7 phone. You got one... right?

Nope. Jealous?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Care to ever answer any of my prior questions or do you wish to toss more insults my way? Ever thought I just get a tad bit perturbed when I'm confronted by a person incapable of answering one serious question?

Aw dang. You got me. Guess I need to find a new job where I don't get the new toys and see what they're worth as a viable option.

Oh wait... I'm actually typing this on a WP7 phone. You got one... right?

Nope. Jealous?

How is that WP7 phone? Will it look good On Searay

The ignoring part is that folks tend to quickly say "Didn't happen to me." like that was the solution.

They were just lucky. For such a "perfect" little computer in your pocket, it has some serious, blaring flaws. And I refuse to buy a ****ing desktop charger and extra battery to go with me for travel. I already carry enough stuff. That's one less plug and possible air security issue to worry about.

Now... what I don't get is why the vitriol if you think it's solved. It's not. I had two pull out on me. Texrat has been through three (I think). And the next ****ing nerd that says "Didn't happen to me..." like it's my fault, that's ignoring it.

What part of that do you not comprehend? I don't mind using smaller words since you're incapable of understanding larger concepts; especially when it's a huge manufacturing flaw that was not really fixed due to how the microUSB was affixed (cheaply) in the first place for such a high priced phone.

welll dont buy an android phone, they have even shittier battery life.

my n900 have over one year and still strong, i drop it alot.

Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
How is that WP7 phone? Will it look good On Searay
I know I'll regret this... but

I've shared my experiences with WP7 in and out of many threads.

It's "decent". A lot of room for improvement, Mango answers some of the concerns, but not all. Lack of apps that I've used for ages on iOS or Android is sorta bothersome.

UI is quick to maneuver through, ease of use and workflow are (for the most part) in WP7's favor. Lack of Flash in the browser is a problem for me - I'm an Adobe Flash/Flex dev. There are quite a few problems in some apps, for instance when you use Shazam, if you click on the YouTube link, it doesn't pick up if you have either the Microsoft YouTube app or the HTC YouTube app... still opens up in a browser and stalls half of the time.

Lack of true multitasking, not all live tiles are responsive or update properly, applications like IM+, MS Onit, and even Mosaic by Tribune are very likely to stall and freeze the entire phone. Camera is damn near instant - just hold the camera button from even a locked screen. For a 1ghz cpu, I can tap it out rather easily.

Development is another can of worms... but you asked my experience. Good phone, full of some annoyances, can be improved, connectivity to Zune (wireless sync especially) is great. Games/XBL implementation is awesome (I actually have an XBOX 360) but the fact that games that were free on Android cost $2.99 or higher is annoying.

I like it, but Android fits my workflow tighter.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif

Please point to what I said that implied to you that I think the problem has been solved. I think that what I claimed is that the problem has not been IGNORED. Do you disagree that is what I said?

Your reasoning is quite incorrect, and insulting me doesn't correct it.
It speaks poorly for you that you have to use insult to support your argument.

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????