Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
they will do both, and they will no doubt do it with the next model, it is just a happy coincidence that they can do so within the existing chassis shape.

this being important if they are serious about this the-other-half business.
Im waiting for J2 and note 4. Any change j2 Will come With a stylus?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

i wouldn't know.

preferably a friendly open source SoC, since qualcomm has caused all kinds of limitations for Jolla.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
I'll eat a hat full of **** if we see another device this year or early 2015 by Jolla. Fairly impossible mission. Could be 3rd party devices with SailfishOS, though.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by parasemic View Post
I'll eat a hat full of **** if we see another device this year or early 2015 by Jolla. Fairly impossible mission. Could be 3rd party devices with SailfishOS, though.
if jolla cant get 3rd party to join them now. They wont do it in the fututure eaither. Why no release in asia yet? The market get new stuff every month. Why would operators and vendors go for old stuff?

Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Originally Posted by parasemic View Post
Noone told this. Jolla annouced they plan to release the J2 in 2015, nothing less, nothing more.

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Spain
My Jolla has been stolen

No money to get other one. So I'm gonna stand up with a Motorola Moto G until Jolla 2 arrives.

Did you say 2015?

He said 2015.... if lucky.

You either:
go with iOS (I heard the 4.8inch iPhone 6 is neat, maybe jailbreak it)
go with Android (heaps of choices)
go with Windo--never mind.

Linux as a consumer product is dead.
They missed their chance on Computers. They missed their chance on Laptops. They missed their chance on Smartphones. They missed their chance on Tablets. They're missing their chance on Wearables. They had plenty of chances.

So do yourself a favour and forget about Jolla, Firefox, or even Ubuntu because the best chance was Nokia. And Nokia's play with Maemo/MeeGo was disastrous. Intel's abandonment was traitorous. Microsofts play was murderous.

Going from N900 > N9 > Jolla... there might not be successor.

If there is one, its going to be something coming out of Kickstarter or IndieGoGo. Something I'd ask everyone to back (read: pre-order) from.

Otherwise, its going to be Android not running on Android Kernel but the Linux Kernel instead, and with a framework like Qt ported to it and the ARM architecture. And noone or group is ambitious enough to even try that amount effort.

(PS I wonder how the SteamOS is going, or will Linux miss its chance on TV or Consoles too??)

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 383 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jun 2013 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
You either:
go with iOS (I heard the 4.8inch iPhone 6 is neat, maybe jailbreak it)
go with Android (heaps of choices)
go with Windo--never mind.
This is why I am thinking of moving to android and if lucky, dual boot it with sailfish os

A proper name. Its not fun to call it jPhone any more.

jolla divided ll

Tags
jolla, jolla 2