Active Topics

Posts: 125 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Bellshill, UK
I posted this on my website, but thought I'd share with you all.

I’ve been using Last.fm and the “weekend” favourite Seeqpod for general music pleasure (usually the wife, me and a few drinks, till very early in the morning). Well I’ve found a new online music player which is actually very good.

Welcome Grooveshark

Just put the following URL into the N800 web browser http://listen.grooveshark.com and the Grooveshark Lite Player (uses Adobe Flash Player) will load up.

What I’ve done is register an account with Grooveshark which allows me to save songs I find in playlists, which is very handy for selecting songs quickly on a PC and then listening to later on the N800 via wifi or 3G mobile connection, but you can still select songs, play songs and queue songs very easily on the N800.

Give it a try its free to use and you don’t really need to register. Let me know how you get on or what you think.

The Following User Says Thank You to gerrymoth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Just gave it a quick 5 minute run and its quite good but the flash interface is a little clunky. The internettablet is probably one of the best if not the best device for listening to online music content.

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
not true. Last.FM via either Vagalume or Canola works awesome for online music. In fact, that's easily one of the features I use my Tablet for the most, is internet radio/streaming music.

Posts: 228 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Ontario & Iceland
I tried it and it was a real CPU hog. The standalone Last.fm app and plugins such as on Canola work a lot better. It would need a much lighter interface (standalone?) before I'd want to use it.

You will not be disappointed if you bookmark this Kiss TV stream in the default media player (clip>add media bookmark):
mms://66.225.235.202/va92winlive2314
No stop-and-go, stereo effect is phenomenal...

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Hamburg, Germany
Hi guys,
i loooooooove Vagalume! Nevertheless, as i am a flash project developer
my wish was to bring back some retro to my device: http://www.mojocafe.net/radio

Just in case you do not want only to listen to the music, but make your
device also look a bit "oldschool"

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
@rcadden : I don't understand the "not true?" I was saying that the IT was a great platform to listen to internet music, I use Canola Last.fm plugin and podcast downloader, Rhapsody, streamtuner, built in Media player library, found endorphinum's cute player last night which is awesome. I can't think of another device in this space that offers so many good options.

The Following User Says Thank You to mobiledivide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 228 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Ontario & Iceland
Originally Posted by mobiledivide View Post
@rcadden : I can't think of another device in this space that offers so many good options.
!
Operative words are so many good options. Not always cute, cuddly, or iFantastico in functionality before the actual media plays but simply wide open with possibilities that aren't tied to the whims of Nokia or anyone else. I find new things every day.

It is like saying my car is crap because it doesn't have 20 air bags or a cup holder. But dammit it can hang a corner and stop on a dime. Might be ugly and a bit uncomfortable but it gets the job done better than a blinged up iCar.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Midwest
Love VAGALUME! been using it for almost a week now. i collected my favorite songs on Last.fm's playlist and streamed it on my N800. i dont even use Ktube or Canola anymore.

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
Originally Posted by mobiledivide View Post
@rcadden : I don't understand the "not true?" I was saying that the IT was a great platform to listen to internet music, I use Canola Last.fm plugin and podcast downloader, Rhapsody, streamtuner, built in Media player library, found endorphinum's cute player last night which is awesome. I can't think of another device in this space that offers so many good options.
Apologies, I misread and thought you said it sucked for online music. Cheers.